Light-O-Rama Forums

E682 RGB WS2811 Flickering/Strobing

tofer26

Got everything set up and running last night. Ran the different test patterns, and everything looked good with no flickering in the pixels. However, when I set the test back to "0" and ran a sequence through xlights, all of the pixels were flickering/strobing. Really scratching my head on this one. I tried a different cat 5e cable even, and that didn't help either. I was just testing in my house, so my E682 and power supply were only about 18" apart and then the pixel string was only 6" from the E682. Any thoughts of why I get the flickering only when trying to run a sequence through xlights but it is fine when I am running the test patterns through the E682. I haven't even tried to run them with lor yet. Lol

The exact same thing happened to me when running through Xlights. I get the test pattern fine and I can run through LOR just fine but I was playing around with the effects in xlights and I wanted to see what they would look like on the real tree instead of the animated one but, like you, I got a lot of flickering and flashing. I messed around with the settings for a couple minutes but did not see anything that stood out so I abandoned trying to run it through Xlights and I just stick to LOR now.

When testing my 2811's on a 682 they worked fine. In a sequence they would flicker and even not come on. Added a null pixel and problem gone.

Jeff

Make sure to stop the lor control panel when testing with xlights. Unload the lor icon.

Wow! :huh:   I totally missed that one.  You hit it right on the head.  I had both of them running at the same time.  Lol! :rolleyes:

Turned off LOR and everything works perfect now, well at least in Nutcracker.  I still have not figured out how to set up my sequence in LOR. 

Thank you so much though!  Can't believe it was that easy!