Light-O-Rama Forums

500knetwork

sysco

I'm getting ready to connect up to 10 CCB strings which is equlivent to 20 CCR strings to 1 500K network this weekend, so I hope it works. I'm basing this off a post from DevMike.

Depends on the sequence, the length & quality of cable and the like.

GENERALLY

We recommend no more than 6 CCRs per 115K network -- about 900 channels equivalent for average sequences. For HS networks (500K), we recommend 24 CCRs - about 3,600 channels (which will also give a little more headroom for faster sequences).. Normal (57.6) and low speed (19.2) of course support even fewer channels - but also improve distance.

Fast sequences, marginal cables, long distances all reduce channel qty.

I just ran the 12 CCR display for Veterans Day, it worked great! The 12CCR is on a 500k network, and the star is run on a seperate standard LOR network. After I finished running the Veterans display I took time to preview a number of Christmas sequences I will use to see how the CCR's stood up to performance.

All worked fine, except for one sequence, Galloping Jingle Bells. Sections of that seemed to be missing, like when the sleigh follows the horse from top to bottom, about 1/2 way down parts of the sleigh element go dark like the instructions are missing. I first thought it might be some network performance issue, but after running so many other sequences - all without any problem, I think I have bugs in that sequence. I will rebuild it later this week and hope that will resove the display problem.  The sequence ran fine on the computer and does not show any errors there.

Any thoughts on why one sequence would appear to have problems ?

before you change to 500k make sure your running the latest firmware on your CCR's. If your usb485 dosn't support 500k, I'm sure it will support the 115k. I ran 115K last year with 2 networks and it was pretty glitchy during some the of complicated sequences.  I think if you ran 3 115K networks you would be fine.

This year I'm running 2 500k networks and even my most complicated sequences are running very smooth this year.

I am running 3 usb485-iso only going 50 feet for 12 ccr's and I have lag at 57.6k. Can I step it up to 500k?

My tests last year were on a USB485-ISO. You shouldn't have problems, but you would want to test just to make sure.

I was at the LOR seminar at Portland, OR in October and the instructor (Chuck) advise as a guideline,

you can figure 5,000 channels for one of the new high speed adapters (the red ones) and 1,000 for

the lower speed adapters.

My setup includes 12 CCR's and 3 sets of CCBulbs for a total of 2700 channels.  Based upon the above

I could probably run it all on one network.  However, I had already purchased a pair of the high speed

adapters and will split up my CCR's in half and run the CCBulbs on one side of the CCR network.  What

is a little frustrating is that my conventional controllers can't run at the high speed, so I will be running a

third network just for them.  They are the kit version of the controllers and not the latest version.

Ken in West Seattle

• 2 weeks later...

I have my 12 CCR's and 2 CCB's on the new 500k, no complaints, the fun part was redoing the network configuration in all my sequences in superstar instead of 4 networks, now just one network

Maybe I will switch next to HS adapt.next year. Way to late to do it this year. I am up and testing. Doing a few final tweaks before opening night 11-29

I have my 12 CCR's and 2 CCB's on the new 500k, no complaints, the fun part was redoing the network configuration in all my sequences in superstar instead of 4 networks, now just one network

How did you "reconfigure" your sequences to run on a 500k network. Im having issues with signals getting to the CCRs. Im running 12 of them, test 6 after i built my tree for them, and just a simple single color morph looks terrible! Please help!!!

Danny

before you change to 500k make sure your running the latest firmware on your CCR's. If your usb485 dosn't support 500k, I'm sure it will support the 115k. I ran 115K last year with 2 networks and it was pretty glitchy during some the of complicated sequences.  I think if you ran 3 115K networks you would be fine.

This year I'm running 2 500k networks and even my most complicated sequences are running very smooth this year.

The latest CCB/CCP firmware: http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/29328-ccbccp-preventing-garage-door-opener-transmitters-from-working/?p=272672

In LOR Sequence Editor

goto: edit/preferences/network preferences

change your LOR Networks to reflect your new 500K

I have mine as

Regular: 115.4K

Aux A: 500K

(com ports will be assigned by your computer)

Now open Superstar Editor

Open one of your .sup files

goto: tools/configuration or push Ctrl+F

change your network configuration in SSE to match what you did in LOR Sequence Editor

save, and export to LOR Sequence Editor

now repeat on all of your other sequences

• Like 1

Thank you PMC. I have a high speed adapter coming in the mail. Should be here by friday and then I will get to do another test. Just had a near catastrophic fall yesterday afternoon. My CCR tree fell off of its palm tree that it was leaning on. So far everything looks to be in working order! Guess next year ill have to move to Frank Farmers design and stay away from PVC piping! 

• The topic was locked