Light-O-Rama Forums

Can e682 control LOR controller

mopar-mechanic

I am curious, how can a guy control the lor ctb16 from the sandevice in dmx mode?

Any ideas on what to set the sandevice for and how to build that bridge.

all firmware up to date and running advanced S3

cheers

sounds way to simple and not nearly complicated enough, ;p

The e682 does not have an output to just plug a cable into, I am assuming the 4pin connector is used with the "native dmx" selection, selecting the appropriate universe assigned to the ctb16 etc.

you wouldn't happen to have the link for that cable build would ya ;)

Great sight but couldn't find the info

Cheers

nope.. should be in your LOR manual or on their web site. 

.....and actually it wouldn't technically be a "cross over cable" because you can connect the wires to the 682 terminals any way you want.  I would just take a Cat5e factory made cable and cut one end off and terminate it under the terminals on the 682.

Or Someone here may have it. Search the forums by typing in something about a crossover cable.

• 1 month later...

You control the E682 via router from PC to router then to E682 with a cat5 cable, for LOR controller you must use the LOR USB adapter to the controller.

Also you need to set the channel configuration in SE and tell what channels are going to be controlled by LOR control and which ones are going to be controlled via DMX by E682

You control the E682 via router from PC to router then to E682 with a cat5 cable, for LOR controller you must use the LOR USB adapter to the controller.

Also you need to set the channel configuration in SE and tell what channels are going to be controlled by LOR control and which ones are going to be controlled via DMX by E682

LOR controls with the correct firm ware can be controlled with a DMX signal.  Do not have to have a LOR USB adapter.

• The topic was locked