Light-O-Rama Forums

Program getting stuck?

Robert Burton

I WAS using 3.8 when this was happening. I was running the show on demand and the "show" would just get stuck with lights on. I looked at the computer running it and it said something like "LOR Monitor stopped working"....or something like that. Honestly, when it happened I quickly started "evasive actions" to get it running again because people were out front watching it. I ended up unloading the control panel and restarting it, then enabling it, and then show on demand. It ran fine after that.

However.... it did it again tonight while I was away. I am running LOR and E1.31. 

Will upgrading to the latest update fix this?  I will be away for HOURS tomorrow and have bunches of people coming by to see the show :-(

I had the same thing happened to me for my Halloween show a couple of times. I had to reboot my computer to get everything started. I was using 3.10 and a Windows 7 machine. I have now upgraded to 3.10.12, I don't know if I will have the same problem for Christmas or not. So, to answer your question about upgrading, I don't think it will matter.

Glad it was not just me. I unfortunately wasn't able to get my show going TILL Halloween. Was going to run it through Sunday. Unfortunately again, I won't be home tonight. When I got home from my daughter's ball game (late last night) had my 16 mini ghosts STUCK on WHITE (they are RGB) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjuzYa0hTrY

To run those "ghost" and my floods with the LOR DC card, I am using a 35amp Astron power supply . Pulling 10amps for I don't know how many hours that it was stuck... I could actually SMELL burned plastic... probably from the supply lines feeding the controllers. Will have to double check for burn places today in the sunlight.

Soooo, say all that to say... would like to find a fix for this asap. Bunch of people are suppose to come by while I am gone to a marching band comp. today :-(

Well....

I guess we will keep our fingers crossed. Upgraded, rebooted and not running anything else.  See how she plays tonight and report back.