Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR stops in middle of sequence on Halloween night. Not Good!

Santas Helper

Okay, I have been playing a sequence for the past 4 hours while setting up and hooking up.

Then after everything is done and talking with neighbors I notice some lights aren't working so I reboot my laptop and controllers.

Now in about 1 minute of the sequence LOR just shuts down. Rebooted, does the same thing. Tried a different sequence, same thing.

I upgraded to 3.10.12 a couple weeks ago.

Now I know why I never wanted to update in the past because I've never had an issue with version 1.

Got a Halloween display and now I don't have a show.

This really sucks because it's too late to get a ticket AND a fix in time.

I should have never updated (hitting head on the desk)

Anybody have a quick idea?

thanks,

Tom

Is there any reason that you *have* to have 3.10.12? If not, go back to 3.9.0. That version came out in December last year, and I ran it during the season with no problem.

Is there any reason that you *have* to have 3.10.12? If not, go back to 3.9.0. That version came out in December last year, and I ran it during the season with no problem.

No reason Don, just thought that if I upgrade, might as well got to the top.

I might just do what you suggested.

While playing around, I tried a sequence from last year. Ran it all the way thru. No problems. Imported the channel config and sequence from this years timing to the old sequence. It's working. Something must be bad on the newer sequence but still can't understand why it played for a couple hours then went bad.

Now is the time to figure bumps out before the big season.

Hope this is all I run into on software issues.

Thanks for chiming in on your idea.

Tom