Light-O-Rama Forums

CCRs not lighting up

out2lunch44

My original computer I had everything working on crashed, and now I have had to move everything over to a newer computer that has Windows 8 on it.  I have completed one sequence in superstar and hooked everything up to check it on the sequence editor.  According to hardware utility all controllers are functioning all networks are where they should be in superstar and sequence editor.  When I go to run it none of my controllers light up.  I am getting power to them all but no lights.  Any suggestions?

Are you able to control a CCR controller via the HWU?

Also might want to run the LOR Verify utility to see if something else is going on.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a related question about my single CCR. Today, I connected all the controllers including the CCR's controller. All controllers are present but I'm seeing nothing on the CCR when I went to test it for basic functions. Apparently I'm doing something wrong. I did use the "reset" switch on it and observed the entire CCR do its self test. But setting the control panel slides to what the manual says, does nothing. I'm on address 0A for this device and checked the "Extended Circuit ID's" Standard LOR, max address range 0A.145-0A160 and setting the various macro channels as specified. This worked last year, but not this year. I've not yet played a sequence to find out if its responding to commands or not. Yes, during the refresh, setting the configuration, it does respond. Anyone have a formal test command setup for the Hardware utility?

Never mind, I got it to go finally. Weird though, it reported up normally during the controller refresh but I couldn't control it. The Cat5 feeding it from another controller, I reversed the position of the feed on the normal 16 channel controller, outputting to the CCR controller, then all of a sudden it works normally. I had also brought it into the house again, connected it directly and it worked perfectly, so that left comm issues outside. Its as if the 16 channel residential controller, the two ports for RJ45/Cat5 are not exactly a passthrough rather an inlet and outlet or maybe I simply have a suspect cable.

• The topic was locked