Light-O-Rama Forums

SD Card wont play show.

snommisbor

I can play my show from my computer (i.e. Mac running Parallels) and I successfully download onto an SD Card and I put it in my G3-MP3 and start up and what looks like letters flash: A r O H n d, and of course I dont know if the is an O or a Zero. These letters just keep flashing. Any ideas as to what this is. Googled and could not find an answer.

I've had a few clients who wrote the data I sent them to the SD card with a Mac, and the result was much the same. Lights flash on the Director, and no show plays.

Don't know how Parallels works at the writing to SD card level, but I'd suspect you are running into the same issue.

• Like 1

Everything works playing through my Mac running the LightORama software and designing the sequences with Windows 7. It even uploaded to the SD card correctly I guess, no error messages. Just when I start it up with the card in, nothing.

What I'm saying is that I would be suspect of how the files are getting written to the SD card, through the Parallels hypervisor.

No errors writing to the SD card simply means that the data was copied to the SD card. However, with the Parallels hypervisor in the mix, what isn't known is what format they are getting written as. PC based or MAC based files.

When I send programming to clients who run a Mac, they can't uncompress and write the data to the SD card via the Mac and expect it to work. Sure, it copies to the SD card just fine, but the Director will have nothing to do with it.  They have to switch over to a native PC to do the copy.

Will the software run on Windows 8. Kind of hacks me off the whole reason I got LOR 1600 was so I wouldnt have to use a PC or any computer for that matter. So I may have to go get a cheap laptop but everything now is Windows 8. 

I wouldn't spend money on a computer, no matter how cheap, just to copy to an SD card (money=lights!). You can install LOR on up to 5 machines. Simply find a friend with a PC, install the software, bring your sequences and songs over on a thumb drive and create your SD card.