Light-O-Rama Forums

No Adapter to Select?

Joe Petrowski

Hello LOR Friends,

I am having trouble controlling my DMX lights with LOR. I have LOR version 3.10.12 and am using a DMXKING USB to DMX adapter. I have installed the software for the DMX king and able to control the DMX lights through that program, however, cannot get it work work in any of my sequences. I have address the dmx channels appropiately in the sequence. I also address the DMX unit too. When I got to network configurations, I select the ENTTEC DMX USB Pro option, but it does not give me any adapter to select. I believe that once I am able to select an adapter it should work fine. I am aware that I need to run it with the LOR control panel running too. Please let me know what other information you may need to help me be able to select the adapter. I have searched the LOR forum for about an hour now and no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

I am going to make the guess that you have never had a LOR USB adapter plugged into that computer.  If that's the case some of the drivers are not loaded.  If you have a LOR USB adapter, plug it in and let it install the drivers.  If not, search the forum for using DMX or E1.31 without having installed the LOR drivers.

Hello Jim,

Thanks for your response. I am using USB485B adapter for the LOR control and then hoping to use the DMX KING USB adapter in a seperate port. I do have both of them plugged in when trying to set it up. I will look around to see if I need to update my drives. Thanks for the suggestion.

One possible cause is that if the adapter is opened by some other process, it won't be detected by LOR.  Make sure that, for example, your DMX King software is completely stopped.  After stopping it, stop/start your LOR program.

• The topic was locked