Light-O-Rama Forums

e1.31 /DMX confused possibly?

lightningrod4life

I thought I recalled reading something a while back about e1.31/dmx and that it only worked with an LOR based adapter plugged into the pc or something like that? I am trying to get my sequence editor with S3 to send commands via e1.31 over an ip address at port 5568 but it dont seem to want to work, is there something I'm missing? ive tried several different ip addresses with it and still got nothing.. looking for some insight please on what I can try to troubleshoot why this is not working.

The sequence editor does not send E1.31 directly, but uses another program called LORCommListener.exe. That program is started automatically by the LOR Control panel. This means that if you aren't running the LOR Control Panel (shows don't have to be enabled), then the Sequence Editor won't send E1.31.

(It's possible that this information is out-of-date. Has LOR changed the way LORCommListener gets started?)

The sequence editor does not send E1.31 directly, but uses another program called LORCommListener.exe. That program is started automatically by the LOR Control panel. This means that if you aren't running the LOR Control Panel (shows don't have to be enabled), then the Sequence Editor won't send E1.31.

(It's possible that this information is out-of-date. Has LOR changed the way LORCommListener gets started?)

Nope, double click on "Light-O-Rama Control Panel" and it starts automatically.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually managed to get this to work. after opening control panel and making sure control lights was checked i was on my way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked