Light-O-Rama Forums

My $4 RGB_Flood mounts...

nutz4lights

First off, I love this 10W flood!  Thanks LOR for coming out with something like this... I really didn't want to hack any other floods up and didn't want to deal with DMX...

Heavy duty spike $2.50 to $4.50 depending on length

Tee bracket $1

1/4-20 nuts and bolts < $1

1 zip tie so I didn't have to try and drill through that spike which is solid iron... $0.001

These should be sturdy and took all of 30 seconds to put together...

20131013_103552.jpg

20131013_104058.jpg

20131013_104217.jpg

20131013_104816.jpg

20131013_104823.jpg

I also put a couple of videos shot in my garage up on Vimeo...

https://vimeo.com/album/2565172/video/76738899

https://vimeo.com/album/2565172/video/76738381

Thanks for looking.

-Louie

Well done. Those wont be blowing over.

How'd you drive them in?

I just built 4 of the same thing yesterday. I took a wooden stake and put a wood screw with a washer right thru the center bracket hole into the stake.

This allows it to pivot left/right as well.

I just don't like using metal stakes on electric/ electronic stuff... not sure why. Is this backwards?

tj

Hey TJ,

I pound the stack into the ground with a hammer, then attach the flood.  I typically stay away from metal stakes too, so we'll see how this goes  ;O)

-Louie

Very nice, simple design.  I copied shamelessly and mounted to 3/4" conduit using self-tapping screws.  Thanks for sharing.

I just don't like using metal stakes on electric/ electronic stuff... not sure why. Is this backwards?

tj

Keeping the led or fixture isolated from ground is a good idea.  The led is always 'live' in the ready state.  I've had some high powered leds short to ground causing some of the leds to be on or partially on all the time.

• 4 weeks later...

There are electric fence posts available with a steel spike on the bottom and a spot to push them into the ground with your foot. Easy to install and insulated as well. Best of both worlds. It's too late this year but I will look at next year and will post when it's finished.

• 2 weeks later...

I went very simple. 3/4" PVC pipe cut off at a 45 angle on one end, Two zip ties and a rubber mallet. Its crude but I had to beat the ground freezing (about to go into the deep freeze in Minnesota). Took about 45 minutes to cut and mount 8 LOR RGB Floods. One thing to note. Make sure you take into consideration the distance from the flood to the item your projecting on (Before you set the stakes). In this model I had to set the stakes at an angle because of the close proximity to the house.

Due to short notice ( put it off too long, new guy )  I ended up using painters telescopic poles mounted in 3/4 plywood on 2x4 bases. The poles were on sale and if your drill your hole in the plywood just right you can even thread the poles into the plywood plus I now have the choice of different heights to work with. Stands work great, turned it on in hardware utility and ch 1 is 4 ch 2 is 3 and 3 is 2 etc......looks like im doing some rewiring tomorrow.....one more thing for the Canadians and the Americans who might care.....GO RIDERS!!!

• The topic was locked