Light-O-Rama Forums

Meeting in Sacramento

plasmadrive

I'll be bringing some RGB hardware, including the LOR 10 watt RGB floodlight and the LOR CMB24-D controller for Show and Tell.

If there's any interest in the TinyPix pixel controller, the LOR iDMX-1000, or the LOR InputPup, I can bring them too.

And I'll probably bring one of the double wide RGB strips for people who want to wash long walls or columns without using a RGB floodlight.

So Ken,

In one of these threads you kidded about me bringing the ball... still thinking about it...  I would need a small generator though..

I will be bringing pieces and parts for sale... I am cleaning out extra stuff.. so if anyone is looking for "stuff"

We really should have a swap meet..

I'm not sure how receptive Round Table Pizza will be as equipment is hauled in to the downstairs dining room.

I don't want to wear out our welcome.

I'm not sure how receptive Round Table Pizza will be as equipment is hauled in to the downstairs dining room.

I don't want to wear out our welcome.

The ball would be in the back of my truck.. that's why the small gen set..  Thought perhaps I could latch on to a spot in front of the place and let the ball flash!  LOL.   That would be a sight driving around OLD SAC huh?  

Mount it on a short pole in the back of your truck and drive around at night. Sounds like fun.

wouldn't that be a kick in the pants!   LOL

Cya Sunday

wouldn't that be a kick in the pants!   LOL

Cya Sunday

I'm gonna work on a new project this year: 16 foot tall RGB fire sticks using a hybrid mix of 2811 and dumb rgb lights and some RGB amps.

Probably 25-30 pixels each and about 12 inches wide. Heck, maybe 20 feet tall, like your trees.

Interested?

I'm gonna work on a new project this year: 16 foot tall RGB fire sticks using a hybrid mix of 2811 and dumb rgb lights and some RGB amps.

Probably 25-30 pixels each and about 12 inches wide. Heck, maybe 20 feet tall, like your trees.

Interested?

Oh Hell YES!

January meeting will be mostly meeting new faces and planning topics for the future; who wants to learn what.

I'll be bringing some dumb and smart pixels and the LOR 10 watt LED floodlight and HolidayCoros TinyPix controller.

February meeting will be on SATURDAY this time, to accommodate some others that requested a weekend meeting. Same location.

Topic for February will be design and layout for your displays; several people will tell (and show videos) of their layouts, why and how they did it.

Bring your how-to videos or show videos on a usb flash drive and there will be several laptops available to show to the group.

March meeting (date undetermined) will focus on LOR programming techniques and tips to make your life easier when creating or tweaking your shows.

Bring your show videos on a usb flash drive and there will be several laptops available to show to the group.

We assume you know the basics of the Sequence Editor, so brush up on some of the great videos out there on Youtube.

Track, groups, and pasting from foreground/background will be discussed.

As will chases and RGB techniques.

There might be discussion on Superstar and Nutcracker, if there's time and interest.

Also may be DMX and E1.31 discussions if time permits and we don't get kicked outa Round Table Pizza.

Open to anyone that wants to drive to Old Sacramento near the riverboat at the Round Table Pizza at 6:00pm.

Pizza is downstairs at 127 K Street.

Map: http://mapq.st/18auDp2

Edited by Ken Benedict

• The topic was locked