Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB Extensions

Discotech24

Does anybody know if LOR has extensions available in their store for the CCB controller connections. I don't want to cut and splice, would rather just buy some extensions. If they don't, can somebody get in touch with proper people to suggest it. Thanks in advance.

Send the suggestion to Dan.  They would be of tremendous value and make the CCB's and CCPs far more versatile.

At this point, I think soldering your own (or finding someone you can trade with who can do it for you) is your only two choices.

Send the suggestion to Dan.  They would be of tremendous value and make the CCB's and CCPs far more versatile.

At this point, I think soldering your own (or finding someone you can trade with who can do it for you) is your only two choices.

I snet the same question to LOR a month or so back, and if I remember right, the response was that the extensions for these where in the works.

I contacted LOR John about two months ago and he told me pretty much the same thing.  Given historical norms, I wouldn't count on anything for this year, however.

Thanks for responses and info gang!!

Edited by Discotech24

I asked LOR the same question about a month ago and they said I could build my own extensions cords but the should only be 2 to 4 feet.  They said the power was to low over anything more.  They suggested I buy another CCB controller box to get the 6 to 10 feet for the distance I need. 

It is amazing the with the low power that when the CCBs are pluggind in my basement (for testing) they don't allow my garage remotes to work outside the garage.

Gary

It's interesting that the info changes depending on with whom a person speaks.

I was told that in cold climates 6' should be the limit, but in warmer climes you could go quite a bit longer than that.

I have 6' extensions and will report back when it gets cold how well they work.  Looks great in my office.

Kinda good news(their are extensions), kinda bad because of length limitations. I live in Ontario Canada and we do definitely get cold around here.

• 2 weeks later...

It's interesting that the info changes depending on with whom a person speaks.

I was told that in cold climates 6' should be the limit, but in warmer climes you could go quite a bit longer than that.

I have 6' extensions and will report back when it gets cold how well they work.  Looks great in my office.

Hey George,

Did you find extensions already made or did you have to make them.  If you found them can I ask where you found them?  Or if you had to make them where did you find connectors to match the stock LOR connectors or did you cut the cable and insert a length of wire?

Thanks

Gary

Gary - I know a guy who made his own and I asked him to make a few for me.  I'm unaware of where ready-made extensions might be found, nor where my source got the parts.  LOR John might be a good source for parts information.

Cutting and splicing the existing cable is what I was planning to do, even though it would almost certainly void any warranty.  But I was more concerned with getting my display set up the way I wanted it.

Thanks George,  I seems nothing is as easy as I would like but of course we are all different and have different types of displays and different needs.  But of course that's what make decorating fun.  

I think LOR should be able to sell us the parts so we could build our cords and not have to cut the wire and void the warranty. Well maybe in a perfect world.

Gary

• The topic was locked