Light-O-Rama Forums

01 Unknown device

johnny christmas

ok, ive recently discovered that while running a show i cant use my comp...well, i got ahold of another comp (thanks ralph) and got everything installed and hooked up, brought over all my sequences and music and i now have issues

1)while in hardware utilities i search for devices it comes up "01 unknown device" and when i click on one of the things (twinkle for example) everything twinkles....BUT when i open up sequence editor and check off control lights and hit play it does NOTHING

2)while using simple show builder like i have on my main comp in the house i get to the screen to choose what sequences to add and theres NOTHING there no matter what option i set (16 ch 48 ch or all) and all sequences are in the right folders so im lost

im beating my head against the wall trying to figure out what the problem is and why its coming up unknown for one, and why nothing shows up in simple show builder

HELP PLEASE!!!

Go to the LOR website and download and install the latest hardware utility update and install it. That should cure the problem of unknown devices.

Brian Mitchell wrote:

Go to the LOR website and download and install the latest hardware utility update and install it. That should cure the problem of unknown devices.

ok, that took care of that problem, but now i still cant do the simple show builder...none of the sequences show up when it gets to that point

(THANK YOU for solving the first problem)

Honestly, I've never used the simple show builder. Always built them with the regular show builder.

What, exactly, are you trying to do?

Don wrote:

Honestly, I've never used the simple show builder. Always built them with the regular show builder.

What, exactly, are you trying to do?

im trying to run a show off my spare comp the way i was on my main comp (tonight i just had the sequence editor running on loop on the spare comp after brians suggestion worked since i only have one sequence for halloween since i couldnt get the show to take)...i should add that i have the same problem using the regular scheduler that im having with simple show builder...its like the files arent there but they are

Are you sure you're looking in the correct folder for your files? I know I have LOR installed on 2 PCs and the files are in two different paths. Make sure you're navigating to the correct folder to select the files.

D.T.

I have never used the Simple Show Builder before, so I downloaded it and installed it. I then created a couple of simple sequences and saved them as 16 channel sequences. When I opened the Show Builder, it didn't see the sequences until I selected "all sequences" instead of the 16 channel or 32 channel options. As soon as I did, it found them. The "Sequences" folder is not in my Light-O-Rama program folder. It is under the "Documents and Settings" folder. My guess is that you either have to select "all sequences" or change where you have your sequences saved. I don't see a way to change where the simple show builder is looking for those sequences. Until I play with it some more, that's the best I can offer you. To be honest, I think most people are just using the "Show Editor". It's really pretty simple to use.

all my sequences are in the LOR folders, im trying the regular show builder and built a show BUT when i enable shows after scheduling things, it says "now playing" with the title but the light in the controller starts blinking so its not getting the data

in hardware utility it finds the controller, i exit, LED light starts blinking, i enable shows, LED light stops blinking then starts blinking again and nothing plays

Have you gone through the LOR troubleshooting page on the support page? Do you have a voltage meter to check the voltage levels shown on the troubleshooting page. I don't have any other answers for you yet. I've just finished my first LOR board and haven't hooked it up to test it yet, so I'm just tossing out ideas that I would try.

ok...ya wanna know the problem? my audio i transfered over to the new comp disappeared...dont know how cuz i had it working in sequence editor yesterday, so i have NO idea how it disappeared and why i didnt get an error message about it...oh well, thanks

well, testing it out for an earlier show worked, so well just have to wait till 6:30pm eastern to see if it REALLY works...ill let you know and thanks for the help