Light-O-Rama Forums

Deal on controllers?

shfr26

LOR controllers aren't going away unless someone makes software that REALLY simplifies programming thousands of channels. Look how easy it is to operate simple channels!

Using a Wii controller to control the lights - that's pretty cool. Is that only something that works with Light Show Pro or is the same thing possible with LOR software?

Yea, I have a huge 2 story blank wall 20 feet from my sidewalk.  Getting something like that to work would be really cool for crowd interaction.  I could see this feature, if it could truly feed live into a live show simultaneously, as something that would make a show go viral.  It's a sign of things to come....

Come to think of it... if it can be done with a wii controller... what about a standard game controller for Tetris, or Space invaders... or vintage Frogger or Outrun played on a pixel matrix.

I see this as a In-A-Few-Years thing.

-RainyOregonchriStmaS

I started with 3 16 channel controllers two years ago.  I'm now down to 1.  Beyond the amazing effects you can achieve with pixels, setting up pixels is MUCH easier than traditional lights because you don't need a ton of extension cords and outlets to put on an amazing display.  I look at displays like Holdman's from 2010 and just stare in wonder....I can't imagine how much time it took set up hundreds of channels of LEDs.  It boggles the mind.

Using a Wii controller to control the lights - that's pretty cool. Is that only something that works with Light Show Pro or is the same thing possible with LOR software?

I'd like to request this be supported in S4!

http://www.tested.com/inventern/457497-mind-controlled-rock-concert-light-show/?icid=maing-grid7%7Chp-desktop%7Cdl7%7Csec3_lnk2%26pLid%3D380846

I keep wishing for a way to program LOR with a joystick or game controller. Maybe use TrackSkull (monkeybasic.com) to memorize a fixture or two at a time, like multitrack recording. Maybe I'll try that.

• The topic was locked