Light-O-Rama Forums

Deal on controllers?

shfr26

Found a person that had ten controllers for sale.  Contacted said person and said I wanted to see about buying three of them.  So I got three WORKING controllers for $235.00. shipped.  These are the kit type PC ones.  Did I get a decent deal??

So is that $78.33 each with shipping included????

If so, Grand Slam!

However, if the way things are going with pixels goes as I think it will... eventually all of our standard used LOR controllers might be relegated to such prices.  I mean when you get equipment that will handle 12 universes of pixels for less than the cost of a single LOR controller... it makes a guy think.  Take in consideration endless color and pattern possibilities, DC power, lowering per pixel prices, no huge power bills, and no wads of extension cords....  I see the writing on the wall and it's FLASHY!

Sad to say... I think that price may soon be the rule instead of the exception.

Don't get me wrong, LOR contollers have their place... but that place may be in jeopardy.

Edited by rainyoregonchristmas

This posts contents were too depressing so I deleted them... or am attempting to...

Edited by rainyoregonchristmas

I think there will  be a market for the AC controllers for a long time.. just not as big a one.  It is not so easy to program pixels in any quantity as it is to program the AC controllers with standard lights.  But I think rainy is correct, that will more likely be the pricing in the near future. 

Found a person that had ten controllers for sale.  Contacted said person and said I wanted to see about buying three of them.  So I got three WORKING controllers for $235.00. shipped.  These are the kit type PC ones.  Did I get a decent deal??

How about some more details?  Sounds like there's still seven controllers left.  Who?  Where?  When?

Inquiring minds want to know...

How about some more details?  Sounds like there's still seven controllers left.  Who?  Where?  When?

Inquiring minds want to know...

I will trade the name for some free sequencing.  :P

That's a rude answer that's not the way people help each other on this forum.

Dang man!!  You need to get a sense of humor.   Did you not see the emoticon at the end??

Dang man!!  You need to get a sense of humor.   Did you not see the emoticon at the end??

:lol:  :D  :lol:

Edited by George Simmons

And by the way Dennis,  I know George and I'm sure he knew I was kidding.   The person that sold me them requested not to give out said name and all the controllers are gone a this point.

Edited by shfr26

Snap, and snap back. lol. Hey Pete, I bet you didn't expect that kinda response did you? :blink:

Sure did not, oh well.  People need to lighten up a little.  And by the way, all I lights I got off of you are still working, not one failure yet.  Thanks.

Pete's a long-time friend and there's nothing he could say that would ever offend me.  (Not that he probably hasn't tried.)  Plus, he knows full well that even free sequencing wouldn't help him out very much anyway...

I'm just LOL at the thought of him trying to remember where all those extra 48 channels are gonna go!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Pete's a long-time friend and there's nothing he could say that would ever offend me.  (Not that he probably hasn't tried.)  Plus, he knows full well that even free sequencing wouldn't help him out very much anyway...

I'm just LOL at the thought of him trying to remember where all those extra 48 channels are gonna go!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

48 extra channels??   Dang I thought three controllers were only three channels.  Boy, I am in trouble.

LOR controllers aren't going away unless someone makes software that REALLY simplifies programming thousands of channels. Look how easy it is to operate simple channels!

Sure did not, oh well.  People need to lighten up a little.  And by the way, all I lights I got off of you are still working, not one failure yet.  Thanks.

Glad they are still working for you.