Light-O-Rama Forums

Who has a good deal on Meteor Tubes?

plasmadrive

I see them all over ebay but I am fishing for input from those that have already bought, and would recommend. 

I need a lot of them so price is important.  I can make them waterproof myself but the wire needs to be decent and not stiff.

Any one? 

thanks in advance

Craig

Craig,

I bought 5 sets of them from an e bay seller. The price was not bad but I am very unhappy with the speed of the tubes.

They are slow. Not sure if I will be using them or not. Just my opinion.

Thanks BobO,

I just looked those up but can't make out the actual pricing.  Surely they can't be selling one tube for $28 and then one power cord for $10 then one spacer wire for $15.. that would be insane pricing if I needed 50-100 tubes.. I sent them an email to see what they really are selling for the price. 

Hey BobO,

I just got a response from them on those tubes.. Holy Moly man.. did you really pay that much for those?  For ten tubes and 10' in-between they would cost about $45 per tube.   Too rich for my blood.. But thanks for the link.

Craig

may not be the same as you are looking for but i ended up buying some that connect to c9 sockets

Did you like them?  Got a link?

Did you like them?  Got a link?

will be the first year for me.  i got them from jeff at illumimax.  i can take a picture of them this afternoon if you like.  not sure what he has in stock so you would have to contact him for a list of what he has.

went ahead and took the picture of them in the box.  these are the 12"

i have 10 of them brand new in two small boxes.  the one box i opened to take a picture of them.  not sure if i will be using them in our display this year..  i ended up buying a bunch of stuff "just in case"

post-11797-0-50241800-1380042522_thumb.j

Edited by gc75067

I got 6 sets of 10 tubes for about $60 shipping was about the same and they arrived in 3 days.

www.aliexpress.com not sure who the seller was.

This will be the 4th year for them.

Thanks BobO,

I just looked those up but can't make out the actual pricing.  Surely they can't be selling one tube for $28 and then one power cord for $10 then one spacer wire for $15.. that would be insane pricing if I needed 50-100 tubes.. I sent them an email to see what they really are selling for the price. 

They cost even more a few years ago!   But I have mine on a PSU in a box with a DIO32  and mine are 3 feet apart so I didnt need the spacer wire.

went ahead and took the picture of them in the box.  these are the 12"

i have 10 of them brand new in two small boxes.  the one box i opened to take a picture of them.  not sure if i will be using them in our display this year..  i ended up buying a bunch of stuff "just in case"

Thanks.. I searched for that name and found nothing to do with meteor tubes..  ahh.. but I did find Minleon.. But they are very expensive also.  thanks again, but too rich for the effect I want..

Edited by plasmadrive

I see them all over ebay but I am fishing for input from those that have already bought, and would recommend. 

I need a lot of them so price is important.  I can make them waterproof myself but the wire needs to be decent and not stiff.

Any one? 

thanks in advance

Craig

I thought you already made a butt-load of these??

There was a thread about the Ebay tubes about a year ago or after Christmas.  Someone did a nice video of them setup in a makeshift burst.  A few complained the wires were thin and questionable.  A few years ago I got some 35" ones from Shopko that seem to be fairly close to what's on ebay and haven't had any issues with the wire.  My suggestion is get them and silicon the ends and where the wire enters the tube and you should be good. 

I thought you already made a butt-load of these??

LOL.. I made icicles.. 1.6 butt-loads actually..   :D

What I need are plain Jain meteor tubes..  :P

There was a thread about the Ebay tubes about a year ago or after Christmas.  Someone did a nice video of them setup in a makeshift burst.  A few complained the wires were thin and questionable.  A few years ago I got some 35" ones from Shopko that seem to be fairly close to what's on ebay and haven't had any issues with the wire.  My suggestion is get them and silicon the ends and where the wire enters the tube and you should be good. 

I saw that burst effect.. I actually ordered a couple of sets because of that video.. but they were too slow.. now I want too slow.  I figured I could fix bad wire and silicon cheap tube covers.. The cheap ones seem to work ok if you get the right cheap ones.. I just plain forgot who I ordered from.   I will check our shopko.  Thanks