Light-O-Rama Forums

What did I do wrong?

Troy Mann

I was wondering if by chance someone may be able to help me out or point me in the correct direction.  I am trying to build a matrix consisting of 600 2801 5v (Ray wu) pixel.  I have it setup with 30 pixels going across and 20 pixels down.  I started the installation of the pixels on the bottom left of the matrix.  Each 50 pixel string made a 2.5 rotation (meaning it when up 20 downs, down 20 pixels up 10 pixels then the next string began).  I soldered everything up and water proofed everything and connected all 12 50 pixel strings to the E682 example:   String 1 (50 pixels) connected to 1.1 on e682 /  string 2 (50 pixels) connected to 1.2 on e682   / string 3 to 1.3  / string 4 to 2.1  /string 5 to 2.2 and so on and so on until all strings where connected.  I plugged in e682 and configured it (attatched doc.) :      (now I did try it with the default universe settings 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ..... and I changed it because I assumed I needed my universes to be on multicast and 8 9 10 11 12 looked like they were on unicast)

Attached is my results.    I have 1 random white light at the bottom, I have 3 in an upside down L near top right.  Some strings work, some don't.  Some lights work some don"t.  Any help would be great, I am not very knowledgeable in this area, but am eager to learn.

Thank you

Troy

E682 controller 1.pdf

Edited by Troy Mann

Did you try the "test Pattern" from the E682 itself?  if so any of the white still there?  That is just a first test to see if they all light the correct colors.  Do this first.

I don't see that you have put any Zigzag or reverses in there. 

It appears you started pushing data into the controler on unv 3 and not 5.  Also looks like you are not pushing data into univ 6

It really looks like your picture and your E682 web page don't match.  If you started at unv 5 but put no data into univ 5, why are the lights on? 

What are you using for data push, LOR?  If so, I think you made the sign the hard way.  Pixels would have been easier to program horizontally.  If you are using xLights then you can would have to do the custom thing I think..(not as familiar with it yet). 

As for the weird colored lights.. could be data that was pushed incorrectly or bad pixels.  The first test I said above should help with that.

Good luck

Edited by plasmadrive