Light-O-Rama Forums

One string of CCR white lights are a dirty white color

frankmbye

One of my 12 CCR string (#7 from the left side, (#1 on Aux. Network)) the white lights are an off color, kind of a dirty white. All other colors are great and all of the other 11 string are bright white. I have on other problems with the system. I’m running Light-O-Rama Sequence Editor v3.10.6 and firmware CCR 150D-V1_17.  

I would suggest you first look at your programming to make sure all colors are programmed to the same intensity.  White is not a color, just a combination red green and blue - typically full intensity.    Secondly I would suggest you try swapping ribbons and see if the off white color follows the ribbon or the controller to try and pinpoint weather or not it is a control issue or a ribbon issue.

Steve

Any chance one of your CCRs was purchased at a different time? Several users have noticed an issue with color match between different vintages of CCRs. The issue seems to be related to differences in the red intensity. I have one CCR from 2010 and several others from 2011. The red is definitely more brilliant on the 2011 CCRs.

Definitely follow Steve's suggestions to verify sequencing, etc.

Another thing to check is that you dont have a bad connection that is causing high resistance and causing additional voltage loss as this will show up as a pinkish white

Edited by edvas69

I’m beginning to think that it is the string. I got all 12 strings at the same time, this past spring. The color is off on all of my 7 songs, and it is off no matter which controller that I connect the light string to.

• The topic was locked