Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy To Other Track / Duplicate Children to New Group

jimswinder

I would like to be able to copy/duplicate a Group without it still being tied together.

IE. I have 3 different Mouths made of 100 Node Pixels each. They all have the same shapes etc, so it would have been nice to just copy the group "Mouth" (which has 6 sub-groups of the different mouth shapes) and paste it into the same track and THEN be able to modify it...like the names of the groups, the ID's, etc, without it also affecting the channels it was copied from.

Or can this be done already and I am missing it?? (probably)

I've never known a way to copy something to the same track.

Even if you copied it to a new track and made the changes there, it would still affect the main track.

bummer...thanks Don...

Guess I know what I am doing tonight...

A lot of monotonous channel building instead of being able to copy and paste... 

:wacko:

okay...is there a way when you use RGB Channel Conversion to tell it where to start numbering?

Inserted Device (DMX Universe), converted it to RGB Channels (40 RGB Channels - Universe 1 -  ID 1 thru 120) now doing this again and want this next group to start at Universe 1- ID 121-241.

Can we do that??

Edited by jimswinder

okay...is there a way when you use RGB Channel Conversion to tell it where to start numbering?

Inserted Device (DMX Universe), converted it to RGB Channels (40 RGB Channels - Universe 1 -  ID 1 thru 120) now doing this again and want this next group to start at Universe 1- ID 121-241.

Can we do that??

See the other post you created.