Light-O-Rama Forums

IDMX 1000 problem?

mark obermiller

First of all I am new to DMX and this is why I decided to use the IDMX 1000.  I am trying to test my DJ DMX RGB Floods.  They are 114 Blazer-M from cheaplights.com . http://www.cheaplights.com/cart/page15.html  

I have changed the IDMX address to 01.  My status light is steady on.  I have the dip switches on the lights set to receive DMX signals.  These lights are 7 channel lights. 

The hardware utility finds the controller.  I try and control the lights using the console.  I have the console set to address 01.  Controller type set to IDMX 1000 - DMX and the channel mode set to extended circuit ID's.

The DJ lights work as they should by setting the dip switches to different combinations.

I am using version 3.10.6 of LOR the advanced license.

The data light on the IDMX is a constant flash that never varies.  I have tried reversing the polarity switch with no results.

I have tried setting up a sequence in the sequence editor with no luck there as well.  When I check the network preferences I have 1 regular LOR network.  The control lights is checked and the control lights box is blue.

I don't know if my issue is the lights or the IDMX.  Any help appreciated!

The iDMX1000 needs to be in Native DMX mode, not Legacy mode. This can be set in the Hardware Utility. It also should have firmware version 1.41 installed in it. If not, you can get it on the LOR website.

According to the instruction manual for your light, you should have switches 1 and 10 in the UP or ON position. This sets the DMX address to 001.

When testing, DMX channel 7 (in the HU) must be fully on before channels 1, 2 and 3 will work.

Try that.

• The topic was locked