Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't get pixels to shimmer using the shimmer effect.

TravisP

Can any one point me in the right direction ?

I am sequencing my Technicolor pixels. when I select the shimmer option and add the effect then play back the sequence.

When it reaches the shimmer section in the sequence the pixels light up full on 100% with no shimmer.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Shimmering and twinkling dont work in dmx mode. These are setting used for lor native with lor controllers, as its data sent and read by the controllers.

I wish it did work as in the visulizer as it does look great. You would need to colour and space the grid in sequence editor. Maybe someone out there has a copy they could send us.

Shimmering and twinkling dont work in dmx mode. These are setting used for lor native with lor controllers, as its data sent and read by the controllers.

I wish it did work as in the visulizer as it does look great. You would need to colour and space the grid in sequence editor. Maybe someone out there has a copy they could send us.

Actually the twinkle effect does work for me, but the shimmer does not.

• 3 weeks later...

Just as a suggestion, since shimmer is flashing the lights at full intensity very rapidly, try doing the same in SE.  Try adding timing marks to one of your cells (break it into 10 or so), alternately set it to full on, full off, then paste that into the area where you want the lights to shimmer.  Granted, I haven't tested this (yet), but it seems logical unless the software/controller won't keep up with the timing.  I looked at it in visualizer, but the response there is too slow. 

Jamie Tomlinson