Light-O-Rama Forums

hi im totaly confused with lor and e682

bizket666

i need to setup my controler but i havent got a clkue what im doing wrong i have setup my pixles in the e682 and the tests work but what do i do from hear

thanks

Even though you have the comm cable plugged into your network RJ-45 connector on the computer. You still need to have the LOR dongle plugged into the usb port. Dont have to have anything connected to the LOR dongle. Then in the software you need to set-up a new network and point it to the eithernet. This network will need to be configured for DMX universes.

First off you don't need a LOR dongle connected to get E1.31 to work.  You do need to get into the LOR control panel and go into "Network Preference".  Go to the LOR tab and and on the "Regular" port put "none".  Then go back to the "DMX" tab and this is where you will add your network info for the E682.   click on the universe you want to configure.  Lets say Unv 1.  A box will open up and then click on the "Use E1.31"  Then click "Multicast".  Make sure you have the right port. (I found out the hard way about that)  Should be port 5568 I believe.

Click OK  Try just the one universe first until you getting it working.  Click "Apply" on the right side of the box. You will get a pop up window there some where and click OK on that too.   Then OK.  on the right and it will close.  You should have your E682 connected already and be able to talk to it via its web page.  If that is the case, you should be in business.  Remember you need to add the universe 1 to your channel config if you haven't done it already so you can sequence something to test with.  Oh yeah.. make sure the "Test" on the E682 is set to 0.

This should get you started.  You can play from there. 

If anyone has anything different that I missed or got wrong, please chime in.    Like Michael said, let us know if this works for you. 

Please follow the links I listed earlier. All the info you need including a PDF how to is there.

---Michael

First off you don't need a LOR dongle connected to get E1.31 to work.  You do need to get into the LOR control panel and go into "Network Preference".  Go to the LOR tab and and on the "Regular" port put "none".  Then go back to the "DMX" tab and this is where you will add your network info for the E682.   click on the universe you want to configure.  Lets say Unv 1.  A box will open up and then click on the "Use E1.31"  Then click "Multicast".  Make sure you have the right port. (I found out the hard way about that)  Should be port 5568 I believe.

Ok, I have to say your correct about telling the network settings that there is none for the regular. But this has a habit of biting people in the ass later when they actually want to control their LOR controllers. Forgetting that they put none for regular. Now if you plan to use LOR software but with no LOR hardware. Then fine, go ahead and set regular to none.

Plasmadrive I hope your around to help all of the people you have advised to set it to none when they cant control their lights on a LOR controller.

But I regress, your correct.

Ok, I have to say your correct about telling the network settings that there is none for the regular. But this has a habit of biting people in the ass later when they actually want to control their LOR controllers. Forgetting that they put none for regular. Now if you plan to use LOR software but with no LOR hardware. Then fine, go ahead and set regular to none.

Plasmadrive I hope your around to help all of the people you have advised to set it to none when they cant control their lights on a LOR controller.

But I regress, your correct.

Max,  You have a good point.. if they forget, they could get screwed.. of this I have no doubt..   There are so many threads about this very subject.. some say yes, some say no.. some say if you had once you will need it.. I can understand why the confusion... I just wanted to clear it up technically.   After that everyone is on their own!  :P

But your point is very well taken...   However, as we get more and more complicated and more and more want to play in that sandbox, they will have to learn why turning things on and off work and don't work... they will have to remember to change it from "none".... I guess once you step into the pixel world and E1.31 it gets a bit more involved..  I am about medium on the knowledge scale for this stuff... but I am a class A1 "what does this do" button pusher!   LOL  

I think it is just part of the set up that they have to learn.. like setting the "Control Lights"  under the play tab.. if you don't know how or why, it could bite you in the arse!   It did me several times my first year. 

hi thanks for the input i have almost worked it out i have my e682 conected and working i have tested the strings and they work but i can only seem to set up 1 universe of pixles up how should i have the channels set up in lor i have them set up as rgb channels and they work but i can only control them pm the firs socket nouthing else any help on this 

with thanks

If I read this right, you can only control the first universe on the first socket with only one universe of channels set up in LOR.. is that right?  if so, it is working. 

yes i have the first universe set up and working but i cannot get the any other port on the controller to work how should i have these set up

thanks

You need to do two things.. set up more universes in the Network Preferences if you haven't already.  Then you will need to program in more universes worth of channels in the Channel Config in LOR. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am having similar problems with initial setup of E682/LOR.  I sent an email to Jim at SanDevices to see what his recommendation is; he has been very responsive as I am doing my first LOR/E682 setup.   I have my PC setup on wireless and have the E682 tied into one of the ethernet ports of my wireless router.  One item (that I have not done yet...) I noted in earlier posts/replies is to disable the PC's wireless adapter and to hookup the PC's ethernet port directly to the E682.  I don't really want to take that approach, as I normally run a wireless home network.  If that's the only way this will work, I will have to go that route.  I have setup my LOR as multicast/E1.31 for three universes and I am "seeing" the E682 webpage on my browser.  I verified my channel mapping in LOR visualizer and spot-checked a few channels in  my sequence to make sure the DMX IDs make sense; they do. Different E682 test patterns work fine but the RGBs do not respond to my sequence (arches, but that doesn't really matter...).  I turned the E682 test pattern "off" webpage and I have the universes (three) setup on the E682 webpage with good starting & ending IDs.  LOR "listener" is communicating on three universes.  No packets are being received by E682 though.

Thanks in advance!!