Light-O-Rama Forums

Music Video for sequences Sent to Outdoor monitor

roverdish

I would like to set up a 60" monitor that will display music videos along with the appropriate sequences.

Using lots of new material this year and many of these songs have YouTube videos that display the lyrics along with the music.

I just think lots of the songs like "Boots" and "My songs know etc" would be more endearing and meaningful to the audience if they can see the lyrics.

I know there are shell commands to start the video along with the sequence but I don't know how to

(1) capture the video

(2) send it to the monitor

(3) Edit the video if unacceptable words or graphics are displayed.

Any help or software suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Chip

I would like to set up a 60" monitor that will display music videos along with the appropriate sequences.

Using lots of new material this year and many of these songs have YouTube videos that display the lyrics along with the music.

I just think lots of the songs like "Boots" and "My songs know etc" would be more endearing and meaningful to the audience if they can see the lyrics.

I know there are shell commands to start the video along with the sequence but I don't know how to

(1) capture the video

(2) send it to the monitor

(3) Edit the video if unacceptable words or graphics are displayed.

Any help or software suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Chip

1) There are many pieces of software online and a quick Google search will turn up many results. I know that many have their own favourites and I will let them add their .02 cents. I for one use a plugin in one of my browsers (Firefox).

2)You can load the video right into your sequence and output it through the LightORama software. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can output through either VGA and HDMI ports.)

3)Ummm, If your Lyric video has a single colour background you might be able to make basic edits (on a basic piece of video software such as Windows Movie Maker) but if your lyric video is that basic your better off making your own lyric video from scratch.

No need to use windows shell commands to run the video.

Thanks, I need to learn how to load a video into my sequence and out put it. I have been converting some you tube to audio, can I convert it to audio and video for the sequence editor?

That could make life simpler.

Thanks for those and any other suggestions

Chip

You can load a video into the sequence the same way you load an audio file. Many people take the audio file from the video while sequencing and when they finish they load the video file. The video then pops up onscreen while the sequence is playing. You then plug your computer into the screen you wish to output to and it will play. Most people who have video in their shows have the external screen act as a second screen so they can still access their show computer while the video is playing.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I will look into learning how to load the video and audio into the sequence.

I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

I would love to visit Ireland sometime. I have ancestry there.

Thanks for the info

Chip