Light-O-Rama Forums

Intensity,Intensity,Intensity!

David Barnett

Ok, with RGB getting more prominent; as well as editing existing sequences and converting them to RGB.

Could we at some point, have an update/feature to LOR SE, that will allow us to change the intensity of effect(s)....

WITHOUT it affecting the effect itself!    Example, I'm converting my mega tree non RGB to RGB. I'll use Bob O's convertor.

That's fairly simple and not much of an issue, I don't think. However, when copy/pasting those effect in the appropriate RGB channel,

They are as they were made non-RGB.   IE most of the effects in RGB will be too bright and or the wrong color.

Example: after copying using the convertor, I have a section that has a fade up to 100 then ON then fade down w/in a chase..duh megatree right. :-)

Now I want the RGB red to be a little darker red, so the only way w/in the sequence I know to do this, is to adjust the intensity of the effect.

Here's the problem and frustration.  When the intensity is changed, it just resets that effect to full on at the new intensity!..Arghhh!!!

So, to get everything correct, I have to adjust the intensity on the fade ups,on, and fade downs....Arghhh!!

In a nutshell, we can highlight our section to adjust intensity, to change the RGB color; and it won't affect the existing effect. Just adjust the intensity of the exisiting effect retaing your fades etc.

So much easier to edit existing and converted sequences.!

I know you can use HWU to adjust intensities via that program; but there may be times were I want to have 100%, so that wouldn't work.

OK, I'm ready......for the numerous I do it this way and that way post's; and we don't need this.

Fine, will be happy to hear your way to make it easier for me.

Yes, I have already submitted this to  the wishlist.

Thanks, for letting me vent.    Hopefully, there will be enough of us, to get LOR's attention on this one.

Best,

David

I have a different but related problem.  I use high powered leds in my landscape lights, but in regular use, they are on at 3% intensity.  When sequencing, everything is black.  Trying to find where you left off at and picking a recent tool isn't easy.  In recent tools and saved tools it would be nice to label the color values.  Or maybe similar to above, program at full intensity and then highlight the section to bring down the intensity.

I almost think per-channel dimming curves would be a great thing to have for RGB devices. SuperStar does some magic to adjust the dimming curves and it would be great to have customizable curves in SE as well...

This would allow to adapt for some of the oddities of LED's and RGB devices.