Light-O-Rama Forums

Madrix and LOR

Julio Lachaga

I'm sure that the answer is staring at me in the face but after searching for the answer here and else where I can't seem to figure it out. I've been trying to get madrix to work with light or rama but I can't seem to control the lights. I've followed the directions that Brad has posted (http://forums.planet...h-lor-and-e131/)

and I am able to control the bins in madrix with light o rama but I can't seem to control the actual lights I have set up. I'm guessing it is because I haven't configured something correctly. I have two types of DMX donggles that I have tried. I have the LOR iDMX1000 and the HolidayCoro ActiDongle. With both of them I can control the lights with just the sequence editor when I add rgb channles but I seem to be missing something when I use madrix. Hopefully someone can help me smile.png

-Julio

I'm sure that the answer is staring at me in the face but after searching for the answer here and else where I can't seem to figure it out. I've been trying to get madrix to work with light or rama but I can't seem to control the lights. I've followed the directions that Brad has posted (http://forums.planet...h-lor-and-e131/)

and I am able to control the bins in madrix with light o rama but I can't seem to control the actual lights I have set up. I'm guessing it is because I haven't configured something correctly. I have two types of DMX donggles that I have tried. I have the LOR iDMX1000 and the HolidayCoro ActiDongle. With both of them I can control the lights with just the sequence editor when I add rgb channles but I seem to be missing something when I use madrix. Hopefully someone can help me smile.png

-Julio

there is a guy on here called TheBaron that uses that product with LightORama so I know it can be done but he is the only one I know that has done it.

You need to configure madrix to control the lights. The iDMX is not even an option. I'm no sure if madrix is compatible with your DMX dongle, as I only use madrix with e1.31 output.

You will only be able to set up the dongle in LOR or madrix. Not both.

• 1 month later...

I was able to get LOR to control the RGB lights through Madrix and a SanDevices E682.

Brad's document goes over everything you need to do.

Stan

Julio, you need to setup your fixture in Madrix that defines the location of the addresses of each of your pixels. Once you do that, you are d5one with the configuration, and all the effects you develop in Madrix will automatically fit your fixture.

You do not use any dongles with Madrix. It outputs via your Ethernet card using E1.31 (technically sACN over E1.31).

So your CAT5 cable from your pc's Ethernet card connects directly to the pixel controller you will be using ie Sandevices, etc.

You still run your 485 USB adapter to run your standard LOR controllers.

This is for pixel control.

If on the other hand you are talking simple (dumb) DMX control, you wouldn't ordinarily use Madrix., just LOR plus a dongle..

• The topic was locked