Light-O-Rama Forums

Consistant LOR crash

jerrymac

Working on a sequence (900 meg).  16 X 42 rgb tree, 19 X 50 RGB matrix and 3 CCR's.  Pasted in a number of Nutcracker affects.  Constant crashes ( LOR has stopped responding).  LOR version 3.10.6   Windows 7 premium service pack 1 with 2.53 gh processor, 4 gig ram, 64 bit operating system.

have you tried a earlier version if s3,maybe the latest version has a bug for that configuration

Make sure "Enable undo recording" is not checked.

Where is this one?    

deleted clipboard file,  still no luck 

get "cannot allocate memory for  play event nodes" when  attempting to run file.

Have not tried this one with previous versions of LOR, although I do not have this big of an issue with smaller filles.  (althought they do often lock up when doing sequencing or the screen freezes as you scroll left to right). Only fix is to quit and restart (Not fun when working with large RGB files).

Edit menu, third option down, uncheck.

How much are you trying to paste in at a time, you might have to paste less for it to work.

Jerry,

To help there is a 4gig patch floating around but I noticed you are only running 4 gig of ram. I run 16 gigs and I have the patch installed so I have plenty of room before I get a crash. Watch your task manager and you will see your limit. Hope all is going well and will see ya soon.

Jeff

As Mentioned, Turning off UNDO under the EDIT menu can help And restarting the sequence editor can help. In general we attempt to compress data when used internal. Third party software often (but not always) uses the simplest data representation which can result in large data blocks.The work arounds of turning off undo and stop/start frequently can help. 

Undo off and still same issues.   Of course startup time is VERY long.  attempting to run the sequence even with the play lights turned off ALWAYS results in a crash (LOR has stopped working or unable to allocate audio memory).  It just seems that LOR is not handling the larger files created due to RGB.  The more RGB i add the more issues I am running into and the crash's increase.

You might want to try using system restore to a date before you started having the problem.

Something similar was happening to me, one day fine the next problems and the same for the next several days.

I went looking for software updates that may have caused the problem since I had installed a new version of Xlights, and a couple others.

Tried to uninstall them with no luck. Did a system restore to a few weeks before and things went back to normal.

I went back and installed each update or program one by one, except the Quicktime update and no problems.

Now I will say when I open my sequences with 24 strands of 50 pixels it does take a while and I see the not responding for a minute or two but it does open.

I can not copy and paste more than about 6 strands at a time. If I do more than that LOR will crash

Jerrymac,

I added so much this year I have to build a mini beast computer to handle it. Running I5 387?k with SDD and 16 gig ram. Still takes a little time to load 900 megs maybe 3 minutes. I am able to edit the sequence and copy and paste many times due to running the 4g patch. I do keep a close eye on task manager as many times I will copy 8 full uni's and paste as needed without crashing. Once I hit close to 3 gigs I save the file and close LOR and start it back up again. Hope this helps !!!

Jeff

BTW.. Next week I will be in Madison if you want me to stop by and chat if you have time.

• 1 month later...

Same hear since adding my pixel tree consistantly crashes. Playback in visualizer is so slow I can't even sequence anymore when the pixel tree is involved. Also now I'm having trouble with running a scheduled show. Might be going with the Pi Player to solve that last issue.

I assume you are using the sequence editor, which requires a fair amount of system resources,and not running a show, which requires less.

You could see if it crashes running the show.

That being said you are light on ram. Most pc gurus will suggest you run a minimum of 6 - 8 gigs of ram when running win 7, especially if dealing with any high resource 64 bit programs. I run 16 gigs, and can watch as more than half is used at times when running high resource programs.

Try adding another 4 gigs and see what happens. Memory is cheap these days..