Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Controller: RGB, RBG, Etc?

derekb

Well, I purchased some cheap CCR strips from china. They work fine wired up to LOR CCR controllers, but it seems they are RBG, even though their website and all packaging says RGB. I can't find a way to change the setting in the controller. Is this not possible with LOR CCR controllers? Any help is appreciated.

You can't change the CCR controller. You have to make sure the strip is RGB. I've heard if several people running into this problem.

I ran into this problem previously.  A few seasons ago, I bought a 6803 strip from Ray Wu to use in place of my CCR strip that I damaged, and it was in GRB order.  I had to manually un-link the CCR's RGB channels and change the Circuit numbers so it would match GRB order and output correctly using the LOR CCR controller. PITA. :(

There are other non-LOR pixel controllers that allow you to change the RGB order in the controller settings, so you don't have to mess with it in the sequencing software.

Thanks someone else just let me know that also. If anyone finds any 6803 strips for sale in proper RGB order. Please send me a link.

I use LOR controllers to drive 6803 modules and I control the CCR strip using a J1sys P12R controller, have been for the last 2 years with no issues.

The issue is LOR S3 not having the easy ability to change the RGB orientation so if using a CCR controller with LOR S3 then be prepared to manually assign the channels in the correct order to get the right RGB combination if using third party 6803 strip or modules or strings.

I really like the LOR CCR controllers. Things just work and keeps working. That is what counts for me. That would be cool to have the controllers be able to switch the RGB, RBG, allowing us to use other ribbons, and still have the dependability and compatibility LOR controllers are known for.

Edited by derekb

• The topic was locked