Light-O-Rama Forums

Beta release: ELL (RF-V4) firmware v2.10 for 115.2Kbps

LightORamaJohn

Attached is a zip file containing a Hardware Utility and v2.10 firmware for the RF-V4. This is a substantial rewrite that supports 115.2Kbps in addition to 57.6K & 19.2K. We would appreciate it if some would try this out with their sequences/setup and report back on this thread.

Note that this Hardware Utility may not work with older versions of the ShowTime software.

Thanks much.

RF-V4-115.2K.zip

• 1 month later...

LightORamaJohn,

Have you heard of any feedback on this update?  I noticed it was never posted to the main firmware page.  Would we want to run the ELL's at 115.2Kbps?  Thx!

No feedback from any who downloaded it.

The RFV5s will ship with 115.2Kbps support and we will post the RFV4 version of this firmware on the support page when the V5s are put in the store. The V5s are at the factory in final assembly so they'll be available soon.

I would go ahead and use the speed if you need it. We thought there might be a decrease in range, but we haven't seen that. I was hoping others would test because environments can vary widely.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Just as an FYI:

I started setting up my show and am using ELL's to run CCR wreaths that I built for my windows. This is the 3rd year running them I used only macros in the past to reduce traffic.

I have to say the 115k seems stable and I am not using macros they are getting the full signal and keeping up.

The config is 2 separate ELL transmitters (on different channels) 8 receivers.

The max distance between transmitters / receivers is 75 feet thru floods brick and walls!

The receivers run 1 or 2 CCRs (there are 11 CCRs total split on the 2 networks 5/6 each)

(Ideally keeping 5 or 6 CCR / 115K network)

Lucky I always have the option of creating an additional ELL network if I run into a speed issue.

• 1 year later...

Installed it on all of my Easy Light Linkers and works great so far! :-)

I just saw this post.. what is the distance you are using the ELLs for ?

I'm running one command ELL and 3 receiver/transmitters out in the yard. I think its too late for me to dare to try it as my show is ready to run. However, I will try it at the end of the season. Question: does this update the software only in the system or is this a firmware update to the ELL it'self?

It is a firmware update to the ELL, and a small change to the HWU so that it understands that V4 ELLs can be 115K.  

115K ELLs (the V5s) have been for sale and out in the field for quite some time now and have no known issues.

• 5 months later...

I see that the latest firmware shown on the main LOR website is still 2.8.  DevMike, last November you were going to see if 2.10 could be moved to production.  Since the production version is still 2.8, I am wondering if there is a problem with 2.10.

I just received my purchases from the Spring sale and I'm ready to start configuring them.  I figured I would update my 4 ELL's while working with the new items.  But, I'd like to verify that 2.10 is stable.

Also, I am assuming that all ELL's can be updated with version 2.10.  Is that true?

Sorry, looks like we may have dropped the ball on this.  2.10 is definitely stable and working.  Go ahead and use the version attached here, and I'll let the right people know to update things again.

• The topic was locked