Light-O-Rama Forums

Nicolaudie DMX Interface

habmann

Hi Guys,

First LOR forum question for me. First year for me with LOR. My setup so far is 3 - 16 channel controllers. I've also got a bunch of DMX fixtures (mostly ColorKinetics, but some generic stuff as well).

I'm wondering if anyone has tried to use a Nicolaudie SLESA-U8 USB to DMX Interface. I know a lot of people use the Entec options around here, but I happen to have the Nicolaudie left over from a project at work and thought it would save me some money to use it instead of buying the Entec.

If anyone has any experience with this and wants to share that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The Nicolaudie unit seems to only work with proprietary software, not with LOR  products.

I had one and sold it after I found that out.

See also: http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/27543-not-sure-what-i-need-i-want-to-use-existing-dmx-equipment-in-my-show/

Thanks for the reply.

That's what I kind of figured, but was hoping to save a couple bucks the first year. Oh well, at this point what's a couple more bucks for the Entec converter compared to what I've already spent.

Thanks for the reply.

That's what I kind of figured, but was hoping to save a couple bucks the first year. Oh well, at this point what's a couple more bucks for the Entec converter compared to what I've already spent.

See the link above to accomplish DMX for about $45.

• The topic was locked