Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel strings

maxall777

I am new to the pixel lights strings. Do I have to purchase LORs superstar sequencer to run my pixel strings or can I do it with just the LOR 3.9.0 software. I have pixel light strings from seasonalentertainment.

You can sequence Cosmic Color Pixel strings without SuperStar. The Sequence Editor does a good job of doing chase sequences on individual CCP strings. However, to do patterns on a matrix of CCP strings you would want SuperStar.

I am new to the pixel lights strings. Do I have to purchase LORs superstar sequencer to run my pixel strings or can I do it with just the LOR 3.9.0 software. I have pixel light strings from seasonalentertainment.

You don't need Superstar, but, if you have more than a few strings, without Superstar, it will get very cumbersome. Also, there are some effects in Superstar that just aren't possible to create in the Sequence Editor without spending hours upon hours creating them.

Go over to this post http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/27430-christmas-eve-sarajevo/?p=258350  I made and download the example I created. This is one of Brians clipboards that is included with Superstar. It took all of ~3 minutes to create these 2 effects and export them to the Sequence Editor. I'm thinking to creae the same effect without SS, would take hours.

Best thing to do is play around with SS and create a few things with it. Then try to duplicate it in the Sequence Editor. You'll see it's much easier to sequence any pixels, whether CC Devices or Non LOR products.

Just my humble opinion.