Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas Eve Sarajevo

Herbaclaus

Hi guys. I jumped from 32 channels to 128 and am using my 32 channel sequence and building from there.

Does anyone have a higher channel count sequence of this song that they could send so I could look at some different techniques?

Thanks in advance!

hdew@htijobs.com

Will 5000 plus channels work? :P

I have a sequence with a 64 Channel Mega Tree and 6 channel star if you like. I'll send you the pixel work too if you want.

Hi Ron!

I am not using pixels yet. That may be next year. I have a CCR tree plus 128 channels including a 16 channel mega tree. The jump from 32 channels to 128 just changes the amount of movements so much. I'd love to see it. Do you have one without all the pixels?

Thanks man!

Herb

I sent the whole thing. just delete the pixels out of the sequence. Theres only about 80 or so channels, but its more than 32 so it shouldgive you a few different effects. By the way, everything in the sequence I sent is done in Superstar, including the LED channels.

Thanks Ron. So is using superstar for your whole sequence easier than using the editor?

I have been doing my CCR tree sequences in SS and have yet to cut and past them over to the sequencer.

Much easier. There are some effects in Superstar that can be done in < 1 minute that would take hours in the Sequence Editor. For example:

Here is a .sup file for a 16 leg x 50 pixel tree from the clipboard that you get with Superstar. The clipboard is called "Bouncing Morph Multicolor" I think. It took < 1 minute to apply this effect. The first 4 morphs are what pastes in when you select that clipboard. I then copied it a little bit over and stretched it to encompass all 16 strings.

Note, you'll have to set up SS in 16 CCR mode, since you wont have my .lee file. That file, however, is a Visualizer CCR tree.

Now, the .las file is what it looks like when it's imported. If you can do that in the Sequence Editor in a couple of minutes, then I have a ton to learn in this hobby.

Check out the files and you'll see what I mean.

I'll set up a LED Mega sequence after I get home and show you how easy that is. I'll even send the .lee file so you can see that too

Later,

Ron

Edited by Ron Boyd

Man. Thanks Run.

I am doing an 8 CCR tree and have maybe three songs sequenced so far. I am also doing 128 channels traditional in the editor.

Plasma I'd love to see it.

For people needing 32 channel my sequence last year we pretty good. Just PM me.

Herb

Let me know if it does you any good.  Here is a video of what it what connected to... http://vimeo.com/56609960   there are two camera angles but the camera man could not really get it all when he mixed them together back and forth.. the display was just too wide and he could not get back far enough. 

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to see some sequences for this song as well. My wife really wants this song done. I've looked at about 10 sequences but haven't found anything that I really like yet. I'm runni g about 160 channels this year. If anyone can send me some I would love it

Rd6626@msn.com

Spark,

nothing is going to match your props exactly.  You will most likely have to take someones and do a lot of modifying to get what you want.. but at least you will have a start.

Plasma thanks. The jump in channels complicates the sequencing a ton.

yes it does!  

When I first started this addition I wound up buying about 6 sequences.. Never actually used any of them.  I did however take bits an pieces out of them and use those. Things like the arches, the Mega tree.  Most of the rest of the stuff was a waste for me.  Oh yeah, I used the arch sequences for my fire sticks on several shows.. worked out pretty good.. for the most part. 

• 3 months later...