Light-O-Rama Forums

animation drawing overlapping

snilax

When I draw in my animation I am making a face. I have 5 channels for the mouth and they are all the same color. When I draw I select the channel and then draw it then select the next channel. When my sequence plays it is showing missing parts of the mouths I drew. When I go back into the animation to draw, the parts of the channels that I drew overlapped certain parts so it got rid of the pixel completely and made it part of the other channel. I am using a virtual box with Windows XP and I haven't tried this outside of a virtual box yet but that is the only thing I can think of that may be causing this issue. Any other ideas? I have seen other peoples sequences work without a flaw and they are making their mouths the same as mine. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas/help appreciated.

In the animation view, which is launched inside the Sequence Editor, can not have overlapping channels. Only one channel can be assigned per pixel.

In the Visiualizer, which is a seperate program, you can assign more than one channel to a prop/fixture.

Ok that makes sense now. I looked at some of the other ones I have from others and now I do see some missing pixels from where theirs overlap but they compensate for this by making the face very large. I will rework my animation and see what happens. Thanks Don!