Light-O-Rama Forums

Ray Wu has gone again

plasmadrive

I heard from him today.  The week before last, I had emailed him to let him know that the 10 pairs of black 3-core pigtails I ordered along with $1000 worth of pixels arrived white... and that I really needed black.  Within 5 days, I had 10 pairs of the black pigtails.  That was the end of last week.  I sent him an email thanking him for the quick turn-around (probably Friday) and just received a "you're welcome" email today.  He's definitely around.  Oh, I chatted with him online this afternoon as well in regards to the technicolor pixels and whether or not they are cheaper for the 5V versions compared to 12V.  They are...

-Louie

I sent him two emails on Friday, one updating the previous with a small order.  He read the first but not the second... had to email him back and explain that he needed to read them both and re-invoice me correctly.  We shall see what happens. 

My last email did take about 3 days to get a response.  A bit longer than he usually takes. But not enough for me to get concerned.  Otherwise I would be hesitant to pre-pay a $5200 order!

OK - I need to chime in again - and it isn't positive, I much rather give folks the benefit of the doubt.  Today I received the second half of our order,

which DHL at one point declared it lost in transit, was in fact found, this was the second shipment of a large group buy here in PNW - 10 of us involved - you can imagine the $$ amount. I worked with Ray for nearly 3 weeks before I placed it. This was the 3rd time I have ordered from Ray. Twice the shipment got lost, imagine that.   The order went in the second week in June. Part of the order arrived 3 weeks ago - the rest today, and shipping on this second half has been interesting at best.   Rather than flame - which is not my style - I will encourage you all to "Caveat Emptor" buyer beware.... 

Looks like this is a back and forth with different peoples experience with Ray. I just ordered a 12V 120W Power Supply. One week later I have it in my hand. Which is much faster than the 3 5 meter strips I ordered this past spring. BTW my P.S. came via FedEx. in a poly bag with a box within the bag. Was kind of surprised with the use of a poly bag but all came in good shape. Though I will admit I have yet time to sit down and fire it up to make sure it works.

Some poor guy in China is probably working 16hr days, 7 days a week just to turn out all those pixels.

Cut...solder....silicone....cut....solder....silicone......cut.....silicone....solder...oops start over....

Some poor 4yr old in China is probably working 16hr days, 7 days a week just to turn out all those pixels.

Cut...solder....silicone....cut....solder....silicone......cut.....silicone....solder...oops start over....

fixed

Edited by gc75067

Had to laugh at gc75067's post. Now if I could just find a 4 yr old to sequence those pixels for me. I only have 150 pixels, but thats 450 channels. Which is about 3 times more than the number of channels I had last year.  Ya I know I am just a piker in some of your eyes. But for me that is a heck lot more work.  :D

Ray typically responds to me via email in about a day or so.  Never on weekends.  Just placed my 5th order with him for custom spaced pixel strings.  He has never failed to deliver.

I ordered from Ray for the first time this year. 26 pixel strings plus power supplies and an assortment of waterproof connectors and other things. We emailed back and forth over a period of three weeks. He usually responded within 2-3 business days. He put together a custom shipment order through Fedex to save me money. Only problem is I needed to buy through AliExpress which charged me the more expensive shipping cost and he was going to change it in the system. He did change the system to note that the shipment was Fedex but the price has not adjusted and I have not seen a credit on my credit card.

The order arrived intact but I am missing one pixel string and I ordered 2 lots (20 pieces) of waterproof connectors and instead I got 4 lots (40 pieces) of the connectors which I don't need now but could possibly use next year if I expand my pixels. I also ordered a few other extension pieces and I got 3 extras of those as well. I also wanted 4 inch spacing on the pixel strings and I got 5 inch spacing instead. I can work with this though because I can just mount them with some slack so I am not going to try to return them and get what I originally asked for.

My last email about adjusting the price down to what we agreed upon for shipping has gone unanswered.

Edited by ryebred

• The topic was locked