Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR USB 485 DONGLES

maxall777

Hi I am trying to setup 2 networks 1 DMX the other LOR. I am using 2 of the USB 485 LOR adapters. I have the adapters setup in network preferences.  I am trying to run a holiday coro RGB decoder when I start the sequence the RGB lights flicker on and of randomly as the sequence runs. Does anyone have any ideas or the same problem?

Check the holiday coro website  I think you might need a crossover cable ( sold at holiday coro )to use the lor usb 45 with dmx

I have the cross over cable . It was working but then it started the flickering .

I had similar problem with lor dongle so I bought the Holiday coro actidongle and then it worked fine

• 2 weeks later...

Bob -

Contact us over at HolidayCoro and we'll be happy to assit you in finding a solution to your issue.

Thanks,

David

Holidaycoro

• 2 weeks later...

max, I had the same problem last year....start at square 1. with no dmx signal, do your lights run the test sequence correctly? if yes, try to control them with xlights. if they don't work there, the problem is your dmx signal. in my case, I had a bad solder joint on the dmx- wire and it caused random flickering the whole sequence.

• The topic was locked