Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR running on Vista

tkhowse

I'm running LOR 1.6.3 on Windows Vista, and have been experiencing the following issues:

-Tapper Wizard does not work

-WAV form does not display

-Cannot modify location of audio file

-Cannot play sequence

Is anybody else experiencing these problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: LOR is now working on Vista pretty well now.

Thanks.

tkhowse wrote:

LOR is working fine for most of my sequences, but on one of them, I get the errors described above. I am not sure why this has been happening.

It sounds like there may be an issue with that particular audio file. What type of audio file is it and does the file play okay with windows media player.

It is a WAV file and it plays well in Windows Media Player. I originally created the sequence with LOR running on Windows XP, but when it runs on LOR 1.6.3 on Vista, the sequence does not work.

If you have not done so, try re-pointing the sequence to the audio file. You do this by clicking Edit->Audio File and then pointing the sequence editor to that file.

You did mentioned that you cannot modifiy the location of the audio file so you may have already tried this. If so what error are you getting and when do you get it?

tkhowse wrote:

I have tried clicking on "Edit-->Audio File" and this command does not work and I do not get an error message.....

We will need to understand why you are getting an error when you try to change the audio file. The command does work (usually!). When you get a chance please let us know what the error message is that you receive.

Also is it possible for you to create a new sequence with that WAV file?

For some reason, there is no error message displayed when I try to change the location of the audio file for this particular sequence.

I am able to create a new sequence, though, with the same identical audio file and it works just fine.

tkhowse wrote:

For some reason, there is no error message displayed when I try to change the location of the audio file for this particular sequence.

I am able to create a new sequence, though, with the same identical audio file and it works just fine.

Hi,

You say there is no error so I take it that it just doesn't happen. When you try to change the audio file does anything happen? When you click "Audio File" do you just get nothing?

Dan