Light-O-Rama Forums

looking to stay with lor

sysco

Have been using lor for a few years now but I would like to get into using the 50/50 smart pixels strips going to buy 20 of them and 10 pixels strings from ray's site now what would I have to buy in order to keep using lor I have the advanced license and super star  thank you Blair

You can use lor to sequence but you need a smart pixel controller here are a few you can use Sandevices, Joshua Systems, Holiday coro, seasonel Entertaiment, they all sell smart controllers

You can use lor to sequence but you need a smart pixel controller here are a few you can use Sandevices, Joshua Systems, Holiday coro, seasonel Entertaiment, they all sell smart controllers

http://diybllc.com/

This is another Smart controller. As of right now, they are not E1.31 compliant, as far as I know.

This LED pixel string controller is designed to operate (5) volt pixel strings and can be configured to support any one of four different types of LED pixel strings including WS2801, WS2811, WS2812, and the GE Color Effect (GECE) pixel strings.  The controller provides 8-bit PWM control for WS2801, WS2811, and WS2812 pixel strings and 4-bit PWM control for GECE pixel strings.

software-wise you are set. Advance license will handle the strings.

You will need some additional hardware, as mentions above... and depending on the number of smart-controllers you end up with.. you may need to buy a Network Switch.   The smart controlers are NOT daisy-chained like the LOR controllers.

Wait a week; there may be some new announcements from LOR at the big Christmas Expo in Tennessee.

Rumored to be some pixel-related hardware.

Wait a week; there may be some new announcements from LOR at the big Christmas Expo in Tennessee.

Rumored to be some pixel-related hardware.

I'll find out in the morning. I plan on being at the Expo early. I just live about 20 miles from Gatlinburg. 

I'll find out in the morning. I plan on being at the Expo early. I just live about 20 miles from Gatlinburg.

Ron that would be great keep us posted thank you Blair

No one is chatting up the Expo; was it successful or a bust?

If successful, what went on?

The two times I was there, there were only a handful of people there. I kind of expected to be walking on peoples toes, but it just didnt happen. They may have been all in classes, I dont know. Not very much for us folks moving to pixels. LOR is coming with some pixel panels this fall. Their response was "hopefully by fall". They were 100 pixel on a ~12 x 12 inch panel. We'll see if it happens.

All in all though, it was nice to actually meet Dan and Mary. DevMike was there, Brian Bruderer and his wife, CLS, CDI, 3G Lighting, Winterland, Ed from J1Sys. Really nice folks. I also spoke with William Bottomley. I enjoyed it. I just wish there were more pixels in the show

Edited by Ron Boyd

The two times I was there, there were only a handful of people there. I kind of expected to be walking on peoples toes, but it just didnt happen. They may have been all in classes, I dont know. Not very much for us folks moving to pixels. LOR is coming with some pixel panels this fall. Their response was "hopefully by fall". They were 100 pixel on a ~12 x 12 inch panel. We'll see if it happens.

All in all though, it was nice to actually meet Dan and Mary. DevMike was there, Brian Bruderer and his wife, CLS, CDI, 3G Lighting, Winterland, Ed from J1Sys. Really nice folks. I also spoke with William Bottomley. I enjoyed it. I just wish there were more pixels in the show

Will is good people!  Met him this past winter.

The customer service desk also told me last week that they're moving to a different RGB floodlight soon. 

• 3 weeks later...