Light-O-Rama Forums

E1.31 configuration help

iresq

Using 682 controller with latest firmware.  Trying to test 2 2811 strips (25 pixel groups in each).  The strings test fine on the 682.  On the LOR side, running 3.9.  485 attached and control lights checked.  Added dmx universe 1.  Network preference set to e1.31 multicast.  Made simple animation, DMX universe 1 converted to RGB.  Can't get the strips to light up.  Any help or tutorial out there?  I'm looking but so far nothing.  Thanks.

I should add the 485 connected only to allow control of lights.  The 682 is plugged into my router.

You should not have RS485 connected to the E682 controller - it uses E1.31 from the controlling PC, which is Ethernet - the same Ethernet connection that you had set up when you were testing the E682 controller.

Regards,

Alan.

Same problem I had earlier this week. RS485 hooked up like you only to keep control lights checked. Control panel was running and connection was accepted. I think mine was in the settings. I was trying to do Unicast and Multicast at the same time. I'm going to hook it up again this weekend and see if I can get it to work.

Doug, if your home this weekend, be expecting a call :)

Control panel is running.  The 682 is connected to my router.  The 485 connected to allow me to control the lights.

Any errors in the "dos command window" that pops up when you start the control panel? All ports open ok?

Ron, call me any time..

Got it (and am embarrassed).  This was not on my show computer and didn't even think about com port assignment. Was noticing control lights kept unchecking itself.  DUH.  Big thanks to Jeff McIntyre for his help.  It's like I'm a noob all over again.  LOL.

• The topic was locked