Light-O-Rama Forums

Licensing Question

dkoehler42

I purchased the license to go from S2 to S3 when it came out.  I am currently on 3.8 and would like to upgrade to 3.9.  When I attempt to register the software, it tells me that it's not valid.  When I use the license test on the LOR website, it does not recognize my email and license key combination.  Does anyone have any suggestions why my license stopped working?

I purchased the license to go from S2 to S3 when it came out.  I am currently on 3.8 and would like to upgrade to 3.9.  When I attempt to register the software, it tells me that it's not valid.  When I use the license test on the LOR website, it does not recognize my email and license key combination.  Does anyone have any suggestions why my license stopped working?

Open your sequence editor then click Help -> About LORSequenceEditor. There you will find your license key.

You can then click here to check on your license. Note that this page uses the first five characters of your license and your email address. If you have all of your emails you might go back and check the email from when you purchased the software. That will tell you what email address you used when purchasing the product.

Worst case, go to the LOR Helpdesk and put in a ticket. They can look up your license and get things straightened out.

Quick question, did you purchase an upgrade tonight? If so, and you didn't use the same email address as the in the original purchase, then it's going to cause problems, and LOR will have to sort it out.