Light-O-Rama Forums

Using Nutcracker with a 2 CCP sign?

stachows

Hi guys,

I have been experminting/strugling with my 2 controller (100each) for 200 pixel sign. 

It is 8 rows of 25 pixels.

When using LOR/superstar the scrolling text looks really bad, (The letters look like the colors can't keep up, I see alot of whites and pinks when I am using only reds, greens and blues).

WHen I use Nutracker and control the sign in DMX mode, the pixels are crisp and clean.

My issue is that I cannot seem to find a DMX configuration where I can use both of my controllers in the same MODEL in nutracker effectively.

When I set the ID of the first controller to 1, the first 100 pixels work great, but then for the sign to work properly, I need to set the ID of the second controller to DMX address 301.  This is not an option for a LOR controller.  The closest I can get is to set it to 14 which is a DMX address of 305.  When I do this, it messes my sign up because I am missing the first pixels, and everything is out of order.

How is everyone else doing this king of thing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott.

Edited by stachows

there is only 512 in 1 universe you have to split it up into 2 universes I see you have 600 channels all together right?  I split mine up into 3 equal universes of 400 each for my 1200 pixel sign

That's a great point I missed that.

Next question, how can I put 2 universes in the same "Model" within nutcracker.

Thanks,

Scott

• The topic was locked