Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR shows to DMX

dan1431

Hi Im new to LOR and DMX but have so older shows that I would like to run in DMX is there a way to convert them to a DMX device instead would hate to redo all the hard work Thanks for any help

I'm not sure what you are asking.

Are you asking if you can take your LOR programming and transfer it to a DMX device?

Or maybe you have DMX devices that you want to add to your current display?

Ok I have 22 controllers AC 16 and DC16 that I have run with the standard program but now I have several Pixel  controllers and ray wo 27s I don't wont to start from scratch, But from what I understand I can only have standard controllers setup or E131/DMX what to do

You can have more than one USB device connected and configured. One would run the LOR Protocol, while the other can be set up to run DMX.

From the Sequence Editor look under Edit -> Preferences -> Network Preferences and you will see how you can configure such a set up.

Ok I have 22 controllers AC 16 and DC16 that I have run with the standard program but now I have several Pixel  controllers and ray wo 27s I don't wont to start from scratch, But from what I understand I can only have standard controllers setup or E131/DMX what to do

A bit more information would help; what software and hardware have you been using?

I just got S-3 software, And a JS1 gateway, I don't have a lor dongle but I do have a D light dongle,

Oh and all my controllers AC 16 and DC 15 are D light but they run on LOR just fine every thing else is DMX