Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB color sorting

kzaas

I created all my new RGB pixels and added them to a new track so that I can sort them by color(ie red group, green group, blue group). I degrouped all of the RGB channels in one area(about 85 channels) and sorted them. I went back to the original track and the RGB channels were normal(still grouped a RGB) so I moved on to the other groups, I am about half way finished. After doing hundreds of channels I went back to the original track and all of those are degrouped and sorted by color but the first group I did is still setup in RGB groups.

Does anyone have any idea what I could have done wrong? Or do you have any idea what I am talking about? Is there an easier way to sort RGB's by color?

HELP! :blink: 

When you add a group to a new or existing track, you have to degroup the group in the new track or whatever you do in the new track effects the group in the original track. That reads really terrible. Always degroup when you add a group to a track.

As far as an easier way, look at bobo's vegomatic tool. It can add an RGB track for you, thats what i use to get my colors split out.

had same problem had the track double grouped so to speak had to ungroup 1 then all came together fine