Light-O-Rama Forums

Have you heard from Ray Wu lately?

plasmadrive

One thing I found out about large orders, anything over $1000 will possibly get held up in Customs. Just something to keep in mind.

Our last group order was over $10,000.00 and it came right in without any stops.

Start your own shipping company perhaps?   Just a thought. ;)

Now why didn't I think of that??? :P

One thing I found out about large orders, anything over $1000 will possibly get held up in Customs. Just something to keep in mind.

I haven't seen this problem at all..  Perhaps I have been lucky

We in the Nothwest just put together a "Group Buy" from Ray...saved a BUNDLE on shipping...

We in the Nothwest just put together a "Group Buy" from Ray...saved a BUNDLE on shipping...

Thats the only way to do it.

Ron Boyd, on 21 Jun 2013 - 15:40, said:snapback.png

I haven't seen this problem at all..  Perhaps I have been lucky

I think you've been lucky.  I've had two orders held up for 4-5 days longer than normal.  And they cut open the ribbons instead of using the re-sealable zip lock thingy.  I guess the border agents aren't familar with that technology.

I am trying to make a purchase and I sent an email a week ago to confirm my quote is still good and have not heard anything. Is he back yet?

I am trying to make a purchase and I sent an email a week ago to confirm my quote is still good and have not heard anything. Is he back yet?

He just shipped me part of my order.. there are still a few items that didn't get sent because they are delayed in production.  (flex strip WS2811)  His emails are more sporadic though.  Not the way it used to be. 

Monday morning I sent Ray a quote list (3 lines, connectors/2811 strings/27ch controller).  Tuesday evening I received the quote.  Wednesday I Paypal'd him and he acknowledged payment. Friday I got a shipping notice(DHL)

I've used Ray a couple times a year for the past 3 years and only once was an order over 3 weeks to deliver.   Maybe I just happen to order items he has in stock?  Possibly the demand of RGB is outpacing supply on some types of items for some of the hobbyists?

The only time I've ordered from a non-Ray Wu Alibaba supplier was for those cheap 15" meteor tubes that were built almost too flimsy to use- those took 4+ weeks to receive.

I'm sticking with Ray.   (and the 27ch controller was not for the 2811's)

THis is weird but I've had the same problems with Ray.  I tried to place an order over 10 days ago and still haven't heard anything.  Hmmm....

Might want to check the email address you're sending to. I emailed him 2 days ago for a quote and got it back the next day. Paypal went out and I received confirmation of payment today. My order was small, just 18, WS2811 strings.

Ron.  Maybe I'm sending to the wrong email?  Can you PM me the one you're sending orders too?  Thanks

Ron.  Maybe I'm sending to the wrong email?  Can you PM me the one you're sending orders too?  Thanks

I'm not at my computer right now but here's how I did it. I added my strings to the cart. When you see your cart, right above it is Contact this seller or something along those lines. I clicked on that and it gave me the contact message box. When I get to my pc, I'll send it in PM if you don't find it.

Ron- I just sent march28 the email I used for Ray.

FYI-  I just got my order from Ray that I placed last Monday. 7 days from order to delivery.

Jim H

Edited by SoCalJimH

Ron- I just sent march28 the email I used for Ray.

FYI-  I just got my order from Ray that I placed last Monday. 7 days from order to delivery.

Jim H

Yeah. I sent it when I got home. He should have it naw

• The topic was locked