Light-O-Rama Forums

New Toys

Bustluvr

OK I just ordered all my stuff I need for my new hobby. At least I think I did. I ordered 3 pc 16 residential controllers, fm transmitter, i have the starter kit with advance software license. Cat 5 cables I will get or make locally. sequences I will download when available. so whats the first thing I need to do to get started???? i already did a visual of my front yard using the LOR software. Any advice will my most appreciated

Edited by Bustluvr

Make a pot of coffee.

AND START BUYING THOSE EXTENSION CORDS!

:D  :D :D  :)  :)  :P  :P  :P  

Find a few sequences, there are tons out there for free, and open them up and start some studying. Look at how they are structured and how to get the effects from the tool bar to the sequencing grid. If you have the music for the sequence listen to it along with watching what's going on.

There is a small learning curve with LOR software, but it's not too steep. Once you have that Ahaaa! moment, you'll be off and running.

Edited by Ron Boyd

OK I just ordered all my stuff I need for my new hobby. At least I think I did. I ordered 3 pc 16 residential controllers, fm transmitter, i have the starter kit with advance software license. Cat 5 cables I will get or make locally. sequences I will download when available. so whats the first thing I need to do to get started???? i already did a visual of my front yard using the LOR software. Any advice will my most appreciated

go to monoprice on cat5 cables, they are almost pennies a piece!  I bought a case last year of 4ea of 5 different lengths and didn't spend of $50, even went color coded cables so I don't have to try and figure out the length.

Hope you didn't order the Whole House FM Transmitter from LOR. This transmitter has not produced good results for MOST of the people that got one, just keep that in mind.

Hope you didn't order the Whole House FM Transmitter from LOR. This transmitter has not produced good results for MOST of the people that got one, just keep that in mind.

Ive been looking for one.. outside of LOR.. where and which one do you recommend?

To late Earle I already did....... lol  guess i will see what comes of it. Thanks

To late Earle I already did....... lol  guess i will see what comes of it. Thanks

Be prepared to send that back, had mine all of an hour and it barely broadcasted to my mailbox.  It went back almost immediately.

Thanks  Caniac. what brand would you recommend? Ron posted some web sights of different fm transmitters

if you are looking for free sequences go to Ultrashows.com their is a lot there and they are for LOR

My first transmitter was a Ramsey FM25B and liked it lot. Very good kit for the price.

Might need some lights to go with this.

If you haven't already, hit the tutorials on Lightorama/YouTube.

http://www.edmdesign.com/

http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=FM30B

i clicked on the EDM site and cant seem to find pricing or contact info.. just customer feedback.

is there another site?

At the top of the page on EDM Site. Look under the Logo and choose the link you want. It's hard to see, as it blends in well.

At the top of the page on EDM Site. Look under the Logo and choose the link you want. It's hard to see, as it blends in well.

Thanks i got it... ya it blends in there really well.