Light-O-Rama Forums

If I won!

rainyoregonchristmas

I'm just sayin' if (big IF) I won Powerball, you'd see my house on the news... not because I won, but because the international space station would need window shades when I turned on my mega tree. 

What would you do if you won?

Start over from scratch, bigger house, bigger yard.  All designed for the show.  Hire someone to sequence for me!

Like everything so far, I would just add the chopper with Santa sleigh landing gear. People visiting my house would think they were at the north pole.

well that would be fun, 

I'd buy or make my own street. and name it christmas on manhattan ave. 

build  5 house,

1 for me and the wife

one each for the kids (3)

and one just the the display. 

pay off all my family's  bills and mortgages, 

and prob start my own u.s. based christmas lighting manufacturing company,  

and world peace.lol

Edited by Ralph D

With that kind of money...tons. First, make sure the kids have a nice nest egg/trust fund. Pay off all bills, yadda, yadda, yadda. While I'd love to say I'd "retire", I think I would need to find something to keep myself busy. So not sure if I'd get a part time job doing something fun or run a franchise of something, but I'd have to have something to do.

After that's done, I'd do the upgrades to the house my wife wants...we're happy with the house itself and our property so we probably wouldn't move. Then I'd build a 10,000 sq. ft. garage and do my best to fill it with cars.

And yes, my Christmas display would require it's own decicated electrical power plant....

With that kind of money...tons. First, make sure the kids have a nice nest egg/trust fund. Pay off all bills, yadda, yadda, yadda. While I'd love to say I'd "retire", I think I would need to find something to keep myself busy. So not sure if I'd get a part time job doing something fun or run a franchise of something, but I'd have to have something to do. After that's done, I'd do the upgrades to the house my wife wants...we're happy with the house itself and our property so we probably wouldn't move. Then I'd build a 10,000 sq. ft. garage and do my best to fill it with cars. And yes, my Christmas display would require it's own decicated electrical power plant....

If you needed that kind of power, you probably would not need a part-time job. It would take you a couple of days to sequence 1 minute of song :P  I know if I had that manylights, whew! I don't even want to think about sequencing that many lights to music

OH, how could I forget all you guys, anyone who has helped not just me but anyone in our hobby in any way would get a really nice bag of cash too. if i were that lucky, pay it forward.and just flying ideas out there, I would give Dan and his wife a nice vacation on me, without him I'd just be a static boring light guy. plus marry has always said she likes my drive way arches. 

This makes me laugh, cuz I have such bad luck....but I would help Dan release LOR 4.0 so people would quit buggin him about upgrades...keep your fingers crossed Dan!

Start over from scratch, bigger house, bigger yard.  All designed for the show.  Hire someone to sequence for me!

I'd buy the house across the street, just for the lights!  Hire a maintence crew to keep everything up and shows for every holiday.  When it is your house, you seldom get to see it from inside.  Across the street, you'd have the perfect view!

It's nice to dream. :rolleyes:

I'm just sayin' if (big IF) I won Powerball, you'd see my house on the news... not because I won, but because the international space station would need window shades when I turned on my mega tree. 

What would you do if you won?

I would replace every bulb in my mega tree with 100W Par38 Floods, have Dan build a custom controller to  handle 5,000 floods firing up at once.  If that can't be seen from space then nothing can.

I would replace every bulb in my mega tree with 100W Par38 Floods, have Dan build a custom controller to  handle 5,000 floods firing up at once.  If that can't be seen from space then nothing can.

100w pars won't do it.  100w leds would do it,  heck, you might even be able to see it from Mars.  B)  B)  B)

First I would take care of all my existing bills.  Then I would make a very large donation to the newbie family controller fund.  And I mean LARGE. It would be nice to be able to help someone get into the spirit.

Well let me see.. Start my own company making pixels. Build the perfect beach house to display pixels on so people on the beach and in a boat can watch it. Keep in mind I would never install another light as I would be hiring it out. Then I gone fishing every chance I get when the sea is calm. LOL

Jeff

Edited by Jeff Messer

New idea , build replica of "Chistmas Vacation" house, except also covered in pixels. Then hire Chevy Chase to turn on the lights the first year.

If it goes down like it normally does for me then when they do that drawing this weekend, I will end up with $47 and someone else the rest.

I told my wife that if we win, it's no more off the shelf at Sears for me, I'm having my grill custom built and it will be a monster AND I'm going all LEDs and pixels. Then I needed to explain what pixels were to her. It's nice to dream.