Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX512 USB Interface for Vixen

Mr Sir

I bought a (DMX512 USB Interface for Vixen USB to DMX Dongle Adaptor Enttec Pro Compatible) dongle on the cheap $50 with rather crappy instructions, however it does not work. I set up a test sequence, the network preferences sees it as;  "Enttec Pro" Protocal; "Enttec Pro" and  the listener accepts and opens. It flashes a green LED but no dice on my DMX device. I see dongles  on B-Bay and amazon all the time and wonder, am I just pounding sand with this? do I need the  Enttec Pro for $160 instead.

Help!

Did you see the DMXKING ($49) or the HolidayCoro ($55) versions?

They work great, have plenty of understandable documentation and lots of support if you have problems.

I personally recommend the DMXKing model because I've had great success with commercial displays using it.

I also have the Enttec Pro ($154) and Fusion Pro ($124).

One day I might own a HolidayCoro version.

And I've never had to pound sand.

Since this isn't a question about LOR products, you might want to get input from the DIY Christmas forum. They have Vixen people.

Edited by Ken Benedict

I’m pretty sure which dongle you bought.  It’s actually meant to be used with a Renard controller but should work fine with LOR though.  The DIY controllers are wired differently.  You just need to swap pins 4 & 5 and move pin 1 or 2 to 6.

vixentolor.jpg

Edited by ErnieHorning

• The topic was locked