Light-O-Rama Forums

Rapid chases

bobschm

With a sequence broken up into nice neat time cells, I needed to produce a really rapid chase sequence in the middle. I divided the cells into numerous smaller cells. So far so good. My eave icicles do a blistering rapid chase.

Now I want my shrubs to do a slow chase in the same time slot. But when I paste by cell across that area, obviously it's compressed and rapid. If I paste by time, it doesn't quite match the larger cells on the far end. This is because beat wizard doesn't create perfectly equal time cells. It follows the song, which is set by a human drummer.

So how do you guys program those rapid blasts in the middle of a slower song, and still allow for later programming at the old beat?

So how do you guys program those rapid blasts in the middle of a slower song, and still allow for later programming at the old beat?

Multiple timing grids and/or Stretch-to-fit paste option.

And you can create tracks do this and change timing in those tracks

That's exactly what many of us did back before there were multiple timing grids (and groups).

Since we achieved the ability to use multiple timing grids though, it has no longer been necessary to use additional tracks just to have different timings.  Either method would work but using multiple timing grids is quite a bit more economical.

• Like 2