Light-O-Rama Forums

Setting Up CCBs and CCPs in S3 Visualizer

scottam67

Looking for help on how to set up a CCB or CCP device in the S3 Visualizer.

When setting up a CCP/CCB in Sequencer ( v3.9.0), you have the ability to set up a device as a single unit, but with a String 1 and String 2.  So, if assigning a new CCB to Unit ID 11, there appears in the sequencer a ID 11 S1 and ID 11 S2. 

In visualizer, you are only able to choose Unit ID 11.  Logically, you'd think you'd simply go to the next Pixel, 51 I believe, but you can only enter 50 Pixels. 

How have others set theirs up?

Thanks

In the sequencer, set them up as CCB with 2 strings-->string 2 has own unit ID (Native mode unit ID + 1). It will show what you said "ID 11 S1 and ID 11 S2.", but, if you left click on the second string on any of the RGB channels, it will be unit 12.

In the visualizer, you just create 2 CCRs and set them up as Unit 11 and Unit 12

Thanks Ron, big help.  That brings me to a second question, how do you set the 2nd ID on the physical unit itself?  I've read the manual but must be missing something.

Thanks again.

My friend, it's been several months since I set mine up like 10-12 months. I'm about 90% sure you will set the the Unit ID to 11 in your case, and that's it. I don't think you have to set up the second ID on the same controller, but I'm not quite 100% sure. Just remember, if you have  2 sets, you do have to skip a number. ID # 11 for the first CCB Controller and ID # 13 for the second controller. That's what makes me want to say to just set up the first ID

If I'm wrong on this, please somebody jump in here and set me straight. I don't want to steer Scott wrong. 

I don't know if this will help or not. I my case I set mine up as follows.

Controller #4 , string 1 is set to channel 4 and string 2 is set to channel 5. Controller #5, string 1 set to channel 6 and string 2 is set to channel 7 and so on.

Indi

I don't know if this will help or not. I my case I set mine up as follows.

Controller #4 , string 1 is set to channel 4 and string 2 is set to channel 5. Controller #5, string 1 set to channel 6 and string 2 is set to channel 7 and so on.

Is this in the Sequencer, or on the physical device.  When I go to set my Unit ID in the Hardware Utility, I don't see where I can set a second Unit ID for String 2.  Per what Ron said, you would only assign the first Unit ID.  Once I finish my updates, I am going to plug in and try.

Thanks

Correction for the above post. The channel assignment would be in the visualizer NOT in the sequence editor. Sorry about that.

I am using the latest hardware and software.

What fowled me up was all the manuals (online and printed) are out of date.  Only the Help is correct.  In the Hardware setup, there is an option that is only documented in the help that the controller is assigned 2 ID's.  The first you set to your desired ID and the second is automatically ID + 1.  So in Seguencer, Visualizer and Superstar you would create 2 50 pixel strings, one with unit ID and the second with ID+1. 

Works great but I lost a whole weekend trying to figure this out before I actually received my CCP's after the Mad Grab sale.  Actually going into the Hardware config and seeing the new option, then everything fell into place.

I am using the latest hardware and software.

What fowled me up was all the manuals (online and printed) are out of date.  Only the Help is correct.  In the Hardware setup, there is an option that is only documented in the help that the controller is assigned 2 ID's.  The first you set to your desired ID and the second is automatically ID + 1.  So in Seguencer, Visualizer and Superstar you would create 2 50 pixel strings, one with unit ID and the second with ID+1. 

Works great but I lost a whole weekend trying to figure this out before I actually received my CCP's after the Mad Grab sale.  Actually going into the Hardware config and seeing the new option, then everything fell into place.

This is what I suspected, but when I set up a new device and try to play, only one string is operating.  I've dowloaded v 3.9.0 and see the enhancements to creating a new device in both the Sequence Editor and Visualizer, but didn't see any new functions in the Hardware Utility, so I'm not sure if it is creating a second Unit ID (ID +1).  I'll try again. 

Thanks for your reply, this is a big help.

scottam67, I hope that orchidman's advise gets you going. I used duel normal in my setup and it may be different that what you are doing. Sorry if I lead you in the wrong direction. 

Scott,

Attached is a screen capture of the  Hardware section of the Help.  I am talking about the dual Normal in the Unit ID Mode box.

Below is the text from the help about the Unit ID Mode.

Unit ID Mode: In "Normal" mode, the Cosmic Color device will be a single unit ID, with 157 circuit

IDs for a one-string CCD or 314 for a two-string. In "Legacy" mode, the Cosmic Color device will

use up to ten sequential unit IDs per string (depending upon the configured resolution), with up to

16 circuit IDs for each unit ID. In "Dual Normal" mode, which is applicable for two-string CCDs,

the device will have two contiguous unit IDs, each having 157 circuit IDs.

Hope this helps a little more.

post-12122-0-06091000-1366892885_thumb.g

What is the significance of the stand along speed being set to 9 versus 8 for CCP's?

Hay, LOR can you help here?  Some more indepth explanation would help.

The only thing I find is that it sounds like it applies only to standalone sequences.  I find the following in help.

help quote

The Standalone Sequence Downloader section of the LOR Control tab of the Light-O-Rama Hardware

Utility can be used to send an animation sequence to a Light-O-Rama controller, which can later run that

sequence independently, in "standalone" mode, without being hooked up to a computer running Light-ORama

software.

end help quote

So I guess that if you want your animation to play faster or slower in a standalone configuration, this is what you would use to adust the speed it played.

• 2 weeks later...

I am using superstar and have set each string as a half string.  So are pixels 1-25 and 26-50 still on the same controller or different controllers?

Same controller.

I did the same thing making a pixel tree. In the tree wizard, it asked the starting controller and would adjust the id's for each string. (controller #3(First String)...1 to 25...Controller #4.........25 to 50.  Second String   controller #5 ...1 to 25  Controller #6 25 to 50)  ). This is for controller #3) Duel Mode treats each string of lights as two strings with it's own controller. All the above is in (one controller box, (ie controller #3)). Confusing ain't it.

I think I'm right.

Is this what you guys are trying to do?

This is made from 3 CCPs, 6 strings total. 12 legs of 25 pixels. See if this helps you out.

Ron

Edited by Ron Boyd

Same controller.

I did the same thing making a pixel tree. In the tree wizard, it asked the starting controller and would adjust the id's for each string. (controller #3(First String)...1 to 25...Controller #4.........25 to 50.  Second String   controller #5 ...1 to 25  Controller #6 25 to 50)  ). This is for controller #3) Duel Mode treats each string of lights as two strings with it's own controller. All the above is in (one controller box, (ie controller #3)). Confusing ain't it.

I think I'm right.

Correction: It would be 26 to 50, NOT 25 to 50.