Light-O-Rama Forums

Using DIO32 as input to create a Juke Box

Rick Creed

The show I want to create will need to be completely self sufficient, because the display will be about a 2 hour drive from my home.  The biggest part would be the system working like a Juke Box, when some one pushes a button connected to an input on the DIO32, it will trigger a sequence associated with the button.  Inbetween the selected sequences there would be either an non musical sequence or I would prefer some way of have a preselected musical sequence occur.

What is the best way, if possible, to make all of this happen.

Thanks Much in advance,

Edited by Rick Creed

Not sure if you have heard of a program called MIIP. It is wrote by Bob an LOR user here. He has wrote several programs that help us out. MIIP stands for Mobile Internet Interactive Playlist. I used it this past year and loved it. It allows your display visitors to bring up a list of songs/sequences and they can pick which one plays next.

I had lots of people use it while watching the display this past year and more importantly I used it to move the songs around when needed.

You can read more about it and the other stuff Bob does at http://itsmebob.com/SD.html

If you have any questions ask away, not sure if this fits your needs, but can tell you its much easier to use that a DIO board I believe.

LOR has a "Jukebox" option, by the pressing of one button will cause the system to play the next sequence in line.

It can also play another sequence in the background until the button is pressed again.

Some of the LOR devices have up to six inputs, so you can have six different buttons associated with six different sequences.

I'm not sure if that answers your question, but if you search the LOR forums for "jukebox" you will get a lot of experience from others.

Start here: http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/24528-triggered-shows/?p=231321

Thanks All, Ken had mentioned about the 'Jukebox' option, I then found the video on it, the video describes exactly what I'm looking for.

Rick,

I am working on an interactive display with a number of triggers that I hope to have a demo assembled and running by the June BBQ.

You should be able to get a good idea of how the components and sequences work.

Scott

Rick,

I am working on an interactive display with a number of triggers that I hope to have a demo assembled and running by the June BBQ.

You should be able to get a good idea of how the components and sequences work.

Scott

Your cheapest way to get six inputs is with the Servodog controller ($99) and just ignore the servo stuff.

Wouldn't it be nice if LOR made an input-only trigger box?

Your cheapest way to get six inputs is with the Servodog controller ($99) and just ignore the servo stuff.

Wouldn't it be nice if LOR made an input-only trigger box?

When I only used 6 I just used the triggers on the PC controllers, but since the project I am working on should have about 24-28 inputs the DIO32 should fit right in.

How is the button connected to the controller? Is it possible to have a short circuit if somehow a sequence turns the circuit on while someone presses the button?

Connections to the buttons is detailed in your controllers manual. Look at the printed version or the online version; it's usually a 10 pin header.

When someone presses the button, it starts the sequence you have

It's not a short circuit, it's the way it was designed. There's three different ways to define the trigger sequence. See the video above for more details.