Light-O-Rama Forums

Best type of light for Singing faces? Rope? Led? Incan string?

lowepg

I ordered a singing tree from holiday coro, how hard is it to wire up the lights? Thanks

We ordered the 4 trees last year and I must say there very easy to attach the lights to, they also put lines to follow on the back (It's just like following the yellow brick road :) )  BUT syncronizing them is another story :lol: You might want to do a search for Papagayo here on the forum.......I was developed by one of our members and is really cool for programing the mouth movements for the trees

I only bought 1 and will be using led strings. I think this year my first im just going to be using sequences that are already made. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have just purchase the monster quartet and the singing trees. If anyone knows of a good place to find a deal on some M5 or M6 LED light strings let me know. I just started my research today for them so I haven't looked much yet. Thanks

For those of you that have order the singing frames from me, I'm in the process of building about 25 of them now and hope to have them all done in about 2 weeks.

• 3 years later...

older thread here ... but found it on search and thanks for the info on options for how to light up faces on the singing displays... I'm a newbie and am going to start this Halloween (I hope) with a singing Jack. @GMAC nice video!

On 4/4/2013 at 8:23 AM, gmac said:

Heres a pic of my manger scene and an absoutely horrible video of my pumpkin face (sorry-LOL)   but you can get the idea of how the lights look...Hope this helps.

post-5437-0-88821900-1365078120_thumb.jp

http://vimeo.com/63291034

I'm using RGB with the Holiday Coro singing Christmas trees.  For my first Halloween display this year I've built singing monster faces based on Kevin's design at CLD made out of rope light. I thing they look great. 

• Like 1

Led ropelight is what I use on my faces.  Looks more continuous then the lights IMHO. Also, when I compared prices rope is cheaper..

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is a lot of great info here, and I can share that I have the Holiday Coro singing pumpkin as well as a face I made myself.

The HC method was a lot faster and easier, but the rope lights I used in the home built version looks a little better.

If time or building skills are an issue then the HC "pop the bulbs through the holes" method is the way to go.