Light-O-Rama Forums

Uploads

nmonkman

Well I spent an hour getting a post ready to show everyone my idead with roof grids when I noticed that I can only upload 15kb of files.

WOW! FIFTEEN WHOLE KB's!!?? Reminds me of that movie where he hands the guy his "Christmas Bonus" of $5 and the guy says, "Wow....5$....maybe I'll go to the movies. By myself"

I am hoping by the time I upgrade from my 28.8 modem to a 56.6 this file size limit will go up. After all, keeping up with technology is very important.

Each account is set to a maximum of 500K of attachments. If it's showing 15K on your account, then you most likely already have items in your attachments library.. You can remove items in your library by clicking your name at the top of the page, then "My Settings" -> "Manage Attachments"

In August 2012, I asked if the limit could be raised. The answer was "not any time soon." I wish the answer was different.

Edited by LORAdmin
Settings correction

@ dgtlpro......Thank you, Mr. Mortimer.

Thanks for the reply Admin. I just found the 500K limit very surprising with space as cheap as it is these days. I just bought a 6TB external hard drive for $279.00. By comparison, that same amount of space in 1960 would have cost about 4 billion dollars.

• Like 1

@ dgtlpro......Thank you, Mr. Mortimer.

Thanks for the reply Admin. I just found the 500K limit very surprising with space as cheap as it is these days. I just bought a 6TB external hard drive for $279.00. By comparison, that same amount of space in 1960 would have cost about 4 billion dollars.

Yep, I thought the very same thing.

I am a member of several other forums and THIS forum has the SMALLEST amount of upload capacity.. 500K, REALLY??? 500K is barely a sheet of paper now days.

I would post more pics of my stuff (and I'm sure a lot of other members) if the capacity was there.

After all, A PICTURE SAYS A THOUSAND WORDS!!!

Wish LOR would update there forum like they do their products. What a shame, what a shame...

Each account is set to a maximum of 500K of attachments. If it's showing 15K on your account, then you most likely already have items in your attachments library.. You can remove items in your library by clicking your name at the top of the page, then "My Settings" -> "Manage Attachments"

In August 2012, I asked if the limit could be raised. The answer was "not any time soon." I wish the answer was different.

The problem with removing previous pics is those pics are included in a story (thread). It's very frustrating to go to a thread, lets say last week, you read about a project someone built and they included a pic. Well, they ran out of capacity to post a pic in a later thread so they the deleted that earlier pic. Now that thread is NOTHING!!!

As previously mentioned, "After all, keeping up with technology is very important." But I guess it is just to us users.

Just a hunch but perhaps LOR is just paying a hosting company for the forum service, i.e. they don't have their own servers to just pop in another drive. The monthly cost would be higher of course to provide more disk space. I do agree with the comment about reading a thread and not being able to retrieve the photo's though, that would be disappointing.

I couldn't agree more.  If their roughly 12,000 members each were allowed even 2MB (quadruple current limits), and every single member maxed out their use, it would use a whopping 23.5GB.   Maybe somebody can donate a thumb drive to the cause. 

Old posts ("old" meaning a month or 2 old) would be much more useful to newbies if they continued to hold the previously posted photos, which would probably cut down on at least a few help desk inquiries, which is time saved for paid staff, and time is money.  Plus a few more products might sell as a result too.  Either one would more than pay for the added storage expense and bandwidth requirements.

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more.  If their roughly 12,000 members each were allowed even 2MB (quadruple current limits), and every single member maxed out their use, it would use a whopping 23.5GB.   Maybe somebody can donate a thumb drive to the cause. 

Old posts ("old" meaning a month or 2 old) would be much more useful to newbies if they continued to hold the previously posted photos, which would probably cut down on at least a few help desk inquiries, which is time saved for paid staff, and time is money.  Plus a few more products might sell as a result too.  Either one would more than pay for the added storage expense and bandwidth requirements.

Very well put!!!

Well maybe Don or one of the Admins could get an answer for us from LOR as to why. That seems to be a consistent problem here on the forums, no real answers for the official source. I personally would think if we were told, yes, it would cost "one million dollars" more a year that is why we cannot do it, we would accept it or make a Paypal donation setup to get the money to do it. But to just be told "not going to happen any time soon," leaves a bad taste. Not blaming the admins, just maybe LOR might want to atelier up and give out some info in many of these questionable topics.

What do you say LOR guys, can we just get some definitive answers?

they do sell 1 terebyte drives pretty cheap  just a thought i have 3 and havn't even come close to filling up 1

would be cool to see more of peoples videos of their displays on here

• 6 months later...

FWIW, I use "photobucket.com" and the direct source funtion there, to pop immages into forums, the images stay at photobucket, and as far as I know I have NOT been able to "max out" there, I have over 2gb of images there, and so far, so good.

when using the "image" function above (just below and to the left of the smile) just paste the direct source content from photobucket here.

I'll show you

the image is about welding frames on trucks the actual image can be seen here:

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg561/a31ford/Frame%20Repair%20or%20Modification%20Guidlines/Frame-Repair_zps4b25f140.jpg

If I use the image function above, and the direct link mode from photobucket, see below, (same image)

Frame-Repair_zps4b25f140.jpg

So, we have the option of having MANY of our photos available in the LOR forum.

Greg

Here, another image at my account at photobucket... LOL, THAT would be A LOT of LIGHTS !!!!!

HPIM2394_zps9963c7a6.jpg

Edited by a31ford

Just my 2cents.....  I liked this forum better when it used: vBulletin®

Was a lot more useful to all who used it.  Sense the switchover(s) I have found my attendance on this forum to be much, much less.  Heck, I used to live on this forum when I started in 07ish.

• The topic was locked